I'm going going........to Cali

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

damn, i hope your relationship is as strong as you think it is.

this can quickly spell disaster. you guys need to do a lot more talking, but i think you have plenty of time before she actually leaves for that school.

she may want to keep applying for local (or closer) schools for the time being..

Make sure she doesn't get lonely out there. Have you looked out there for a job? Are you sure that you can't build yourself to your current level in a short amount of time?

vet school isn't very easy to get in. she's attempted 3 times so waiting another year and possibly not getting accepted that time is out of the question. it's tough when the nearest schools are the hardest to get into. UF, AU etc.

Also, selling cars isn't really something you can get into and make it rich quick. I have started with this reputable company's new franchise from day one.
All of the customer walk-ins and internet shoppers are mine so in 1 more year i'll have more repeat business. hell, I've already had a few customers send people my way and sold 2 cars to last week to clients who bought from me last year! NO negotiating or anything. they trust the product and they trust me so the sale is quick and pleasant for them.

It's tough to build a clientel when your competing with 10+ other who have already taken majority of the customers. I will have to rely on walk in....not cool.

As far as a relationship burden, yes, I hate it. i'm more worried about myself than anything. :lol:
more time for my car and friends....that sound like disaster.

Last edited:
I think that it will be difficult to be apart, but in the end it will be better for both of you. She will have a career, and you won't have to give up yours. Nothing worth doing is without sacrifice.

.... and if you're set to make 100k/yr you'll have plenty of scrilla to go visit her often
this is what I said like 20 posts ago. and she can visit florida on fall break, thanksgiving, xmas, spring break, summer....

LD is tough. I couldn't do it when i was at school and my g/f was at home... and that was 1.5 hour drive away. We just fought all the time over stupid crap and it all revolved on us not being able to see each other.

This will definitely test the relationship and push it to its max.

there's a big difference between 18 and 27....

it's a sacrifice that must be made if she wants to become a vet. I support her and although it's in my best interest to tell her not to continue, it's not what a husband would do.

she has 7 years invested. to give up now would have her resenting me a regretting it all of her life. And I really don't want that to happen.

It will be alright. like hondarin and eg said she has her vacation....2 months of the year and I have my week vacations as well.

LD is tough. I couldn't do it when i was at school and my g/f was at home... and that was 1.5 hour drive away. We just fought all the time over stupid crap and it all revolved on us not being able to see each other.

This will definitely test the relationship and push it to its max.
x fucking1million!!!!
taco idk man this is obviously your decision,,better make sure you phone sex with her atleast everyother night.

Good luck! We made it for a year LD before she moved back to Chicago, Skype video chat will be your friend. (hint: the Skype snapshot button makes a sound every time you take a picture but it can be silenced! :ph34r:)

Back