I'm going going........to Cali

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Although I disagree with your choice, Best of luck man!

Ask yourself this, how much money is your wife worth? If this causes you two to split, would MAYBE making 100K it be worth it?

If I could find a way to make ends meet, I'd leave my well paying job, sell the house and move if it truly was to make things better for Linh. No money in the world could cause me to let her that far from me. I'm on the upper end towards where your goal is money wise. Yes I'd drop it without thinking twice if it meant a higher chance of staying together with my wife.

Money is nothing. As long as you have enough to keep fed and the basic bills paid for. Who cares!

Ask yourself this, how much money is your wife worth? If this causes you two to split, would MAYBE making 100K it be worth it?

If I could find a way to make ends meet, I'd leave my well paying job, sell the house and move if it truly was to make things better for Linh. No money in the world could cause me to let her that far from me. I'm on the upper end towards where your goal is money wise. Yes I'd drop it without thinking twice if it meant a higher chance of staying together with my wife.

Money is nothing. As long as you have enough to keep fed and the basic bills paid for. Who cares!

Id hope you would at least take the floors with you too.

On a serious note, best of luck to you and the wifey Taco.

I'm on your team with this one jeff

It's easy for you to say that because you're a US citizen. You can get a job... a good job... EASILY anywhere.

In cali, taco's just 'another illegal'.

We all know the long drawn out paper trail that taco has been trying to go through to become legal for the past 4 years or maybe even more! Giving up this poistion is not as cut and dry as it may seem.

It's easy for you to say that because you're a US citizen. You can get a job... a good job... EASILY anywhere.

In cali, taco's just 'another illegal'.

We all know the long drawn out paper trail that taco has been trying to go through to become legal for the past 4 years or maybe even more! Giving up this poistion is not as cut and dry as it may seem.

I'd follow my wife to another country, again, as long as ends meet. I wouldn't care. I'd always find a way to fill the day. Even if it meant being a house wife.

I totally agree.
your last sentence is what made me change my mind and decided to stay.
B is right as well. With my status there is still a possibility that they want me to go back for a while.

I would much rather sacrifice a little bit of time to make sure she fullfills her dream and be able to pay the bills including student loan. 60k ish per year is the average cost to study. it totals out to over 250k sometimes.
Not only that but if I have to go out of the country I want to know i have made and saved enough money to help us whether she continues school or comes back with me.

Thanks to HS's input it's starting to settle in my head but other than the actual physical contact, I think it will work.

By the way, Injen there will be ALOT of communication to keep usmissing each other and not getting lonely to steer aay from the wrong path.
Just like I know she will fly back in a day to kill me for cheating she knows I would do the same thing. :p

Last edited:
At least now taco will get a massive stock pile of pink taco pics and video.

There wont be a shortage of pictures -_-

That's right fellow HS friends.

In a few months, sometime in July mrs. taco and I are headed to california for a few years.
Anyone in the Pomano area? :ph34r:

Ya I'm an hour and a half northwest. Let me know when you are coming out.

Well, maybe you will be able to get a sales job out there... otherwise I'd say that to completely uproot yourself with no prospects at this point is a terrible terrible idea.

I disagree. He is in car sales. It's a high turnover job and dealerships are always taking new people.

Pomona kinda sucks, as well as L.A. in general. Pomona's more east toward the inland empire, so it's hot as fuck in the summer and smoggy. The gf and I had looked at moving there a couple years back when we both got into cal poly pomona, but ended up deciding on coming back to San Diego. I'm not sure what rent is like where you live, but it's expensive in the L.A. area. We were looking at 2 bedroom apts in non-ghetto areas and the cheapest around were about $1200.mo. Most areas around are kinda sketchy too, so if you are looking at a place, drive by in the day and night a few times before you sign anything. We did find one cool city when we were looking, San Dimas. The rent prices there were reasonable, the areas looked a lot more safe, and it's close to Pomona.

They call it Poormona for a reason. All of LA sucks. I would never want to live anywhere between San Diego and Ventura counties, with the exception perhaps of Santa Monica, which is pretty bitchin' I think. Coastal ftw...Inland ftl.

Weather is not the same bud. Come to CA sometime, you might actually like it. ;)

Truly. Florida is humid as fuck. It gets hot here but it is almost always dry. It rarely gets above 80 in Ventura and it's always breezy. Pretty awesome.

Cool, just put all your fears and paranoias on everyone else Mommy B. Geez Louise Debbie Downer...

Amen to that.

I get paid on commission. My friends ask me, "Whats a good month like for you?". My answer is always the same, regardless of how much I make: Just a few more deals :).

Ya I'm an hour and a half northwest. Let me know when you are coming out.

I disagree. He is in car sales. It's a high turnover job and dealerships are always taking new people.

They call it Poormona for a reason. All of LA sucks. I would never want to live anywhere between San Diego and Ventura counties, with the exception perhaps of Santa Monica, which is pretty bitchin' I think. Coastal ftw...Inland ftl.

Truly. Florida is humid as fuck. It gets hot here but it is almost always dry. It rarely gets above 80 in Ventura and it's always breezy. Pretty awesome.

FL is humid indeed. As far as car sales in larger areas having a high turn-around is true, which to me equals no job security. I've learned managers will get rid of peeps just to do it. I'm just as relpacable as the next guy in line.

With my job NOW it's not at all like other dealerships.
Imagine a small mom and pop business with LOTS of money and local history.
they have many events, sponsor ALOT of community events. donate lots of money to charities.
give out generous bonuses to show appreciation, etc

not something common with many other places.

so far we're looking at studios and apts. nearby. I may go to Cali for the weekend to shop around and fly back. $850 is the average findings. :(

Last edited:
Back