im going standalone management need help please

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wardatron

im just about cracking up after trying to wire a cut harness together. so ive thorght about goin for a standalone engine management so i was woundering can i buy a as a kit where i dont have to plug into the main fuse box ? it needs to be ECU harness plug and play :)

all suggestions welcome websites also ( please not im in UK ) unfortunatly parts are hell cheap over in the US

The Honda ecu can be socketted and programmed with a free software available at pgmfi.org :) xenocron.com to buy a socketted ECU, its like $165.

what do you mean by socketted all im wonting in my vehicle is a ecu seat wheel pedals and a motor the only bit of harness i have is which is attached in the engine bay and from there it is stripped

You're going to need a real standalone then. I've heard people liking the AEM Standalone on here :)

You chose to tear the harness out of the car :lol:

Thats the one I was talking about.

youve got a few choices for COMPLETE STANDALONE (meaning no variation of a honda ecu).

The big 3 are:

AEM: super expensive, uses factory harness plugs decent interface, decent functionality.

FAST: pretty expensive, better control over the systems in your car, requires a complete rewire of your harness.

Megasquirt: CHEAP, decent control, requires a complete rewire of your factory harness.

Now, there are 2 (actually more, but only 2 id recommend) other ways you can go, but they are basically modifications to your current ECU.

First (and best option out of the five) is crome. Its anywhere between free and $175 bucks. It uses a factory ecu, uses your factory harness, offers one of the best interfaces around, very powerful. Will work with ostrich (chip emulator...so you dont have to keep swapping chips while tuning).

Hondata: Basically a second computer inside your factory computer. Works a lot like crome, very functional, and it uses your stock ecu. The only problem is the price.

do the fully standalone management use there own power supply.and which will be the easyist to build from scratch ? do any of the fully standalone management have the vtec controller solonoid connector

please note ( im empty headed when it comes to electrics )

dude, take it to a shop or start reading. youve got a lot to learn about wiring and it would easily take me 1500+ words to tell you how its gotta work.

The search button works easier.

Which state/area do you live in. We have enough members to recommend a place almost anywhere in the united states. Messing with your wiring is not what you wanna do if you arent confident about it. You can easily effe up your car.

new engine harnes + crome.

chances are, you don't have the mods to warrant a full standalone ecu system.

i can get full wiring loom from a 92 del sol vti for £100 will i have to change some sensors ? i live in the UK and need help from u guys as i ask people over here and they say get a ROVER errrrrr ( junk ) im thinkin of gettin that wiring loom or takin to tuner and getting full standalone management in

Back