im having a problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

micah

so im driving home and my cd player / amp / remote sub contolrs all just turn off.

ive checked all the fuses, ive checked all the wiring, everything looks good. everything else in my car is still working.

any ideas?

HU probably dead. I cant think of anything (besides no power at all) that could shut all of it off besides: No HU, no remote turn-on.

did you check the fuse on the back of the head unit?

i thought i remembered there being a fuse on the back, but i pulled it out and there isnt one.

when i take my faceplate off, the red security light behind the faceplate still flashes.

i thought i remembered there being a fuse on the back, but i pulled it out and there isnt one.

when i take my faceplate off, the red security light behind the faceplate still flashes.
Are you using an in-line fuse? If so check that, but more than likely if your cd player isn't working also it probably is one of your regular fuse, Have you checked the fuses under your hood, I don't know what car you have but you might have a fuse there that's for your radio

Just a note too that all the Honda's I've seen have two fuses for the radio. One is under the hood and the other is in the fuse panel under the dash.

you might want to try running a new power ground and remote to the cd player from different parts of the car. i have had a couple cars where the signal just stops being sent or something like that happens. after i ran new sources to the player it was fully functional again

can you be more specific. What kind of radio do you have, did you have to make a chinc connector for the radio on you`re own?
Did everything died...is the radio also dead or is the radio ok and the amp is not responding to remote cable, but everythig is ok.

I had almost the same problem with my car...the radio seemd to work fine, the amp did not wont to power himself up the fuses were all right in the radio/amps/hood...

in my case the problem was in the chinch connector from radio...i made it myself, and the amp didn˙`n want to start (witch shood be the remote problem)..anyway i took out the radio, give the system a 2 day brakeout, i bought a new chinch connector and now it`s ok.
Still i don`t know what the problem was...

I've seen decks fry before. Like profiles are nice and cheap and are good examples. Sometimes just like 2 sets of speaker wires will not work and its an internal problem. Just pull out your deck and test it. To test your amp just stick a speaker wire into the main power wire and the other end stick it into the rem line input on the amp. It should still work. Sounds like something with the deck is just wrong. If your led blinker still works you got power.

If the security light flashes with the ignition off you know it has 12v constant/memory witch is the fuse under the hood. Check the acc/switched 12v wire in the radio harness, should be a red wire. Best thing to use is a digital meater, test light will work though. If the wire is dead check the fuse under the dash, if thats good you may need to run a new one. If this wire has power and the fuse on the back of the deck is good, you need a new deck. Good luck!

Back