I'm leaving the Nest...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

there is plenty of time to goto class AND get drunk/laid. Make sure you do both.

are telling him to get laid and drunk while goin to class

best advice I can give is don't start the weekend on wednesday night I/E going out and getting hammered. quiz/exams are usually on friday and some review is on thursday so those are the days you want to be sober for. Don't join a frat, they only get skank sorority poon anyway.
The ABSOULUTE BEST ADVICE FOR GETTING LAID find a damn good wing man as soon as you get to school who has the same agenda as you do, girls dont go to party's alone so you have to get them with the one-two punch. Ohh and you will have to "hop a few grenades" but it will come back to you.
Your roomate (if you dont already know them and even if you do) will be an asshat.

Don't bother going greek/frat. I was president of mine and to be honest with you my grades suffered, when I quit I managed to get a 3.7gpa my last semester taking all my upper division major leve classes. My gpa literally suffered a full point because of going greek.

You meet people regardless, and don't let the fucking punk ass frat brothers convince you that going greek is great since it creates leadership, scholarship availablibility, large alumni to network through. All that is BS, why network through a small organization when you can network out through every fucker who graduate from your university.

I say do it this way, don't take too many classes your first semester, I say 4 is good.

Summer classes are great, since they tend to be a little easier and plus you have less distraction over the summer.

Try to keep your classes on say a nice schedule like Monday-thursday and study on sunday thru thursday.

Only party hard on thursday, friday, saturday night, that is plenty for one week.

Talk to your professors, you might need letters of recommendation in the future for work and the more you talk to them the more persuasive you can be in grade audits.

Apply to scholarships, shit sonetimes it's literally free money. My ex did this and she got an extra 2g a semester for literally just getting good grades, not too bad.

Fuck with condoms, and only condoms, B said this one good.

Get a well balance of friends, talk to students in your class so that you can get perspectives on notes, past tests, etc.

Check out and ask around which professors to take,,,this shit is very very fucking important. This could be the difference between two letter grades and worked less for the higher one.

You can usually go through your first year without a major but you better know what the fuck you want to major in after that, other wise it's a waste of classes, credits, time, and money.

Study, Study, and Study, I worked my ass off my last year in college. I used to spend almost everyday at the library so that I could bring my gpa up from my frat years before but I managed to get a good graduateing gpa. Althought gps doesn't really matter after college for work, but it does matter if you are like me and want to get into a great mba program.

And remember, take it seriously, if you don't then I will see your ass at Dunkin Donuts.

Milan

just commit yourself to your studies, you'll still have time for fun.. In the end the real winners are the guys with the paychecks.

Agree with AFi, take like 1 in the morn and two in the afternoon, and if you leave like a 1-2 hour gap you can have time to review for exams just before that class instead of rushing from one class to the other.

Milan

One thing you will notice after the first semester is that a lot of the kids who get fucked up every night aren't back after the first semester.
Just go to class, take some notes or whatever you have to do. Pass your tests and try to get atleast a c in the class so you don't have to take the class over again.
I would recommend taking a good mix of the shitty general requirement classes and classes that your interested. It sucks leaving 6 shitty classes you have non interest in for your last semester, trust me on that.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 14 2003, 12:14 PM
the rules of college:
  • liquor before beer, in the clear; beer before liquor, never been sicker

• always, ALWAYS, wear a jimmy cap. college girls are disease ridden whores. Trust, you don't want a qtip shoved half-way down your pee-hole for a test.

• GO TO CLASS at least 90% of the time. Don't sleep through exams. Don't show up high/drunk.

• Become friends, or at least firendly with your advisor. It will help get you into filled classes, or last minuete changes, or simple guidance about your circulum.

• PICK A MAJOR FRESH YEAR AND STICK TO IT. changing majors after 2nd semester = 10 yr plan = not happening = dropping out. Even if you don't give a shit about your major, i'd suggest you don't change. simply minor in the one you want to do now. that way, you will graduate with X degree, and a minor in Y... and any degree is better than no degree, and with the minor, you will be fine.

• And most importantly, become friends with your RA. you'll stay out of trouble much easier that way.

• Eat ramen so you have money for beer/going out.

• park your car in a safe place. become friends with security guards so they no you and your car. don't drive like an ass around campus so they hate you and your car. getting booted sucks.

that should cover it :)

Wow, this is good stuff... keep it coming!

pissedoffsol: I am worried about my car, though there are some nicer ones on campus, hopefully I'll be fine. I'm currently a sophmore (cause of transfer credits) I've already got my major picked out and I do plan to stick to it (it'll pay reeeeeeal well in the end). Werd on the condoms... fuckin werd y0.

racerxb20z: What do you mean by "hopping a few gernades"? I hear you on the wing-man thing.

JDMilan: Joining a frat appealed to me cause it'll help meet a few people right off. (Also parties) On the downside, I know they don't allow a lot of time for outside friends. Before I thought of going a year without a frat, but then, like dohcvtec_accord said you're basically paying for friends, screw that... I'm broke as it is anyway. I'm really leaning away from a frat. I'm kinda worried about keeping grades up also since they demand a lot of your time.

I'm taking 15 hours this coming fall depending on how that goes, I'll probably take the same amount next semester. Sadly I do have one 8a class Afipunk21... Intro to psychology I think... Oh, well, we'll see how it goes.

Well, Psychology is easy, so good thing you got that 1st thing--15, you're gonna get your ass kicked...9 hours owns me :) I'm on the 6 year plan.

i'm on the 10 yr plan, well, 7 yr plan if you dont wanna count the 3 yrs i've been sititng on my ass

You're 23 make xx.xx dollars an hour, and work a perfect shift while you rip on lowly 400 whp Honda engines...Sit tight, there's nothing wrong with lowered expectations.

hahaha.. riiiiight nick. I dont even leave the house and i make that. So stfu :p

Dont' bother going greek, it's not worth it. Yes in a way people say your paying for friends but what your money is going to is a large bank roll so that you can plan events out during the year and not have to scrammable to get funding for it, it's like a debt card for events.

Yes, you do community service or as fraternities say, philanthropy events. But you end up doing like 1-3 a semester which is cool and all but you can do that on your own time, you don't need to join for that shit.

Then you have this hazing issue, underground hazing, and non hazing. Non hazing fraternitys are considered stupid, why, I have no idea but maybe becuase majority do it and they frown upon you having it easy into their so called brotherhood.

Fraternities are really businesses today, the bottom line is that you have to pay your national insurance "just incase you get injured at a nonhazing, non drinking, basically make believe event", and yes your members will send your ass to collections if you agreed to join and decided to quit and since you quit you didn't pay your dues.

Out of all the alumni and members from my chapter, I only talk to ONE of them, he is my best friend so that make it worth it but honestly chances are you aren't going to get a best friend out of it.

Please save yourself, and don't bother. If you want to join anything joing some club that deals with your major. I joined the American Marketing Association as a senior after I dropped my fraternity, and I have gotten more connections where they count from a semester of that than 2 year in ATO.

Milan

Back