im lost

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

capricefrk013

is waiting for summer
What else is new when you buy a car with a swap already done. Car is a 91 civic hatch with a 92 B18A1 swap. I have trouble code #4. But when I try to find out where the crank sensor is located I cant find anything. When I lookup the part online nobody has it in the list of parts. What gives? It comes & goes. When I come to a stop it bogs a lil then the light pops on and when I drive down the road I cant get over 3000 rpm. When I drive down the road and shut it off then turn it back on its fine till I come to a stop and the idle comes down to a normal idle and then a bog and check engine light. The last time this happened, I disconnected the battery for about 20mins or so to clear the code and all was good for the past 3 months. Grrrr!!!!! Anyone have any suggestions? Thanx in advance.

Last edited:
the crank sensor (code 4) is inside the distributor - not a serviceable item - you would need to replace the distributor, if the sensor was the problem - make sure the wire connections to the distributor are secure - crank sensor wires are orange and white - my guess would be that you need a distributor

Ok thanx. I will check it out right now. I was hoping it wasnt that. Im just hoping its a simple wiring problem somewhere. Will let ya'll know the status once I figure it out.

Well I checked the wiring at the distributor and the ecu and all is good, even the connectors. No corosion. What I did notice is that one of my plug wires wasnt snapped on to the distributor that well. I pushed it and heard it snap on. I know I have alot of vibration due to the motor mounts. Could that plug wire have caused the problem aswell or is that not related in this situation?

Well since I disconnected the battery and pushed the loose plug wire back on the dizzy it seems to be ok...for now.

Back