im lost

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rex187

alright heres the deal. i have a 94 civic dx 4 door. i want to put a mini me in to it. i already have a d16a6 motor and tranny . but the problem that im having is that i dont know what is all needed to put the d16a6 in to the civic. seeing on how the d16a6 is obd0 and the civic is obd1(i think). ther for i dont know what is needed to change the d16a6 over to obd1. do i need to chang all the sensors over to obd1 or will it just drop right in with no problems?

as far as the head goes i was going to put y8 head but i want to turbo it and to my understanding the y8 head with a6 block pumps out a 10.33:1 comperssion. but i hear that lower compression is needed for turbos so im gona go with the z6 head. i hear it puts out a 9.95:1 compression. if im worng will some one point me in the right direction for my problem

i also have the civic's stock d15b7 that would also work for the mini me but the compression with z6 head i think would be 10.10:1 and with the y8 head i think its 10.52:1(im not 100% sure on that)

here's you're best bet.

A6 block
Z6 head
Z6 tranny
.060 headgasket.

using the a6 block won't require much of anything for obd conversion. 90% of the sensors are on the head/IM.

Back