1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

im lost

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by rex187, Jun 9, 2005.

1. rex187

rex187 Member

alright heres the deal. i have a 94 civic dx 4 door. i want to put a mini me in to it. i already have a d16a6 motor and tranny . but the problem that im having is that i dont know what is all needed to put the d16a6 in to the civic. seeing on how the d16a6 is obd0 and the civic is obd1(i think). ther for i dont know what is needed to change the d16a6 over to obd1. do i need to chang all the sensors over to obd1 or will it just drop right in with no problems?

as far as the head goes i was going to put y8 head but i want to turbo it and to my understanding the y8 head with a6 block pumps out a 10.33:1 comperssion. but i hear that lower compression is needed for turbos so im gona go with the z6 head. i hear it puts out a 9.95:1 compression. if im worng will some one point me in the right direction for my problem

i also have the civic's stock d15b7 that would also work for the mini me but the compression with z6 head i think would be 10.10:1 and with the y8 head i think its 10.52:1(im not 100% sure on that)

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

here's you're best bet.

A6 block
    Z6 head
    Z6 tranny
    .060 headgasket.

using the a6 block won't require much of anything for obd conversion. 90% of the sensors are on the head/IM.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted