I'm missing 2 bump stops....will halves work?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Citizen_Insane

Well...I have 2 bump stops from my last set of blown shocks, but I'm missing the other 2 (they were horribly mangled by the dumbass that had my shocks before me).

I was wondering if I could just cut the two that I have in half and use the halves, so that I don't have to wait until tomorrow when I can go to the dealership.

Hard to say.. I would suggest halfing them, installing em, and going to the dealership VERY CAREFULLY.

Drive mrs daisy untill you get real ones installed.

Thats what I would do anyway.. Unless you have another car to drive until then.

Here's the deal, I'm installing a set of CG coilovers with spring rates 320f/160r (or something like that) on KYB AGX's.

If you really think that I"m going to bottom out that setup, then I'll just wait to install my shocks for a day so I don't have to worry about it. I really don't want to dissasemble my suspension more than once.

I just installed the halves because the AGX instructions say to trim "1/3 to 1/2 of the bumpstop" and I figured that it wouldn't hurt to go all the way to 1/2 even though I'm not lowering the car much.

Back