i'm never going to texas in the winter.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

true story...only a few ways a cop will pull you over in tx (read dallas).

1) Youre doing at least 15 miles over the speed limit.
2) You pass the cop while he's doing about 15 over.
3) You find some douchebag that pulls you over for no reason.
4) You roll past a statey doing 2 mph over.

Thats it...those are the only ways to get pulled over.

:werd:

I was doing 85 in a 60 once in Houston, and a cop pulled up behind me with his lights on... not to pull me over, but to wave me out of the way because I was going too slowly for him. Fun stuff.

Bad weather weeds out the stupid nondrivers. After we have a spell of bad weather, all the idiot military people from texas roll their trucks and we don't have any more accidents until their insurance gets them new ones.

Ummm...i wouldnt really talk much.

One of the guys in my dept JUST moved from anchorage (sp?) and he said that there was a storm last year that he ditched his truck twice, and his G/F ditched her car trying to come get him.

They both grew up in Alaska, and still couldnt drive in it.

:shrug2:

Anchorage is part of Washington... :p

Alaska is hundreds of miles north of there, the streets were clear and dry in Anchorage last week :roll:

true story...only a few ways a cop will pull you over in tx (read dallas).

1) Youre doing at least 15 miles over the speed limit.
2) You pass the cop while he's doing about 15 over.
3) You find some douchebag that pulls you over for no reason.
4) You roll past a statey doing 2 mph over.

Thats it...those are the only ways to get pulled over.

Soooo true. I remember when I snuck out with my civic and I barely could drive stick so I got stuck in a parking lot behind a McDonalds and there was a couple of cops sitting IN the parking lot talking like maybe 50 feet from me..I accidently put it into 3rd and tried to move from a standstill (LOL) and they didn't even look over. Then I grinded a couple of times and finally realized I wasn't in 1st and when I put it into 1st and took off I peeled out and they didn't even move. Not to mention my registration and inspection stickers were and still are out-dated, I had no license, and the title's still in the previous owner's name, I was under age, out past the city's under 18 curfew, AND there's wires hangin out under my steering wheel. I would have been fucked over so hardcore if these keystone cops could do their job. I picked my brother up from work and went straight home after that.

A guy I knew told me he once was walking in the middle of the night and he walked up next to a police car and the cop was sleeping in there...he told me he tapped on his window and said "shouldn't you be doing your job?" and said the cop was all pissed off because he didn't catch his nap.

Oh and don't forget you can get pulled over for making a wide turn :). Yup, guy I know got busted for possesion and open containers just because he made a wide turn.

Last edited:
Back