Im New help me out.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

james15

Ok, im new to the whole tuning thing i i do work on cars alot but i don't understand this stuff as much as i would like where can i learn as much as possible?

wait,do you want to learn how to actually tune the ecu or just adding parts to the motor and stuff??

because engine management tuning should be done by the pro's,,you can really fuck shit up if you dont know what your doing

Ok, im new to the whole tuning thing i i do work on cars alot but i don't understand this stuff as much as i would like where can i learn as much as possible?

here just start reading
i disagree. you want to learn the most about working on cars, do it. get under the hood and start busting your knuckles. you wont know shit about a car if you haven't gotten oil in your eye, skinned up knuckles, and coolant in your cuts.

i disagree. you want to learn the most about working on cars, do it. get under the hood and start busting your knuckles. you wont know shit about a car if you haven't gotten oil in your eye, skinned up knuckles, and coolant in your cuts.

:werd:

Doing it is the best way to learn. Websites shouldn't be discounted though. You can also learn a lot by reading through some of the FAQ articles we have here on this site...

well yes learning the actual proses you need to bust your knuckles but i think you need to read to learn what is what

read up - buy some books/manuals - do some research - then get out there with the information and apply it to real world -

I'd also suggest getting a POS second car to work on and learn that way if you break anything or need to go somewhere you will have your other car to drive.

i agree with basically everything....these guys know a lot...i can tell from a lot of different threads on here. get a beater, or just go to the junkyard, and just slowly take shit apart. thats what i did....when i was 15 i had a 86 honda civic with a carb. i just took shit apart, just make sure battery isnt touchin n e thing when working with n e grounds or wires. so take it apart nd have fun....if ya wanna buy aftermarket parts for cheap ebay....esspecialy for a first time tuner

Yeah this was all definitely helpful so thanks everybody

This is my first reply on this forum..... but for what it,s worth if you find what you want to do to your car on a forum and you have a diy on it, take your lap top out with you stick some clear plastic over the keys and "voila" you have your guidance tool right beside you. I have done this many times while working on cars, or doing repairs around the house, it,s like having a teacher right beside you. Hope this helps.

Buy a junker or find some friends who work on cars, start hanging around them when they are working on stuff and ask questions. I would get a factory manual for you car. A helms manual would be good for your 95 accord. Its the best manual you can buy for a Honda but its a little expensive. I would start by doing easy stuff like changing your oil, doing a tune, changing tires, etc, and as you get more comfortable start taking on slightly bigger jobs.

That, is damn good idea! I usually leave my laptop right inside the door and wash my hands before using it. The plastic wrap will save time.
you could just buy a secondary keyboard that plugs in via usb. then you don't have to take plastic on and off. or you could just get the keyboard cover like they have at shops and restaurants.

Well besides the lap top part (i don't own a lap top, I'm poor haha) this advice was all great. thanks

Back