Im new i have a 2000 accord and it is auto i want manual what should i do!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

NikmotarX

Hey sup guys i have a 2000 honda accord 4 cyl and cant have auto and i would also like a better engine so what should i do and if i do the swap where do i get it from and where can i get it installed.
thanks
Nik

Yeah, I agree, I have talked to several people about changing my accord auto to a stick, and to look at all the clutch and transmission work involved, you will save yourself a lot of time, and most likely money as well if you simply sell it. Keep in mind it's more than just the tranny you'd be changing, everything from the shifter to the pedal to the clutch master cylinder and so much more would have to be worked on. Remember, it's an accord, those things hold their value like gold bullion, you should have no problem getting enough out of it to get one in the same shape with a stick. But, if you were dead set on keeping your car, that's what this site is all about, imposible swaps being done :p

LMAOROTF. When I read that, I was picturing a 16 year old, then TM pointed out your profile age, LOL. Yeah man, if it really came down to it, you could trade it for the same color and year only a stick. But if you're really stuck with it and you want it to be quicker, we assure you there are options besides a massive tranny swap. Is the the LX, EX, or V6? That will determine what path you want to take to begin with.

And do you have anything done to it yet? The easiest way to get more power out of it would be a cold air intake, performance exhaust system, or at least the muffler, and replace all of your ignition stuff (spark plugs, distributor cap, wires, etc.) with performance parts. It just all depends on how much you have to spend, really. If you have the cash, there are shops that would do the tranny swap for a pretty penny, and you have ECU options too, but like I said, it's all about the $$$, and the results you are looking for.

Tell us how much cash you have to work with, like I said, that's the real issue. And also, tell us how car savvy you are.

If it is possible i would like to keep it around or under $2000 and yes she said i must keep the car but i can do anything i want to it lol
Thanks
NIk

Someone help me out here, I am thinking I saw an OBD II H22a for $1800 somewhere, but that was probably without the tranny. I'm not sure exactly how much those run. But since it's an LX, there may be cams or entire heads you can get that would be way under $2000 that would buy you some extra HP, and certainly intake header and exhaust in conjunction with this would get you some power. As for getting a tranny for under $2000, I'm sure there's one out there, but that alone won't do it for an LX. You won't get the 200+HP kinda results you're looking for, and it will damn near clean you out, so if you want to change the tranny, do it with the engine, they are usually cheaper together for sure.
If it were my car, I would look into a cam, I/H/E, possibly an ECU reflash/swap and MAYBE the tranny if I could find one for cheap. I think you can still have a powerful car with the auto, and you'd have a perfect launch every time ;) I speak as an auto accord owner of course... Just, be warned that before you go running that thing hard, CHANGE THE TRANSMISSION FLUID. DO IT. That thing will start slipping after just a few months of redlining it if it's never been changed and it's already at 150,000+ miles.

Bored over intake manifolds are always good too. If you google it, there's a guy that does it for like $50 or something ridiculously cheap like that. And he does honda all the time, so no worries there. And if you aren't worried about gas milage, you can get oversized fuel injectors too, but that is something I do not know a lot about, you may or may not have to change ECU/sensor stuff when you get into that. But for sure do intake and exhaust now, that's win-win. Get over to auto zone or wherever, unless you want a vehichle-specific one from somewhere online, but those will cost you. Just find a friend with a garage and tools, and a little know how, and you two could probably install an intake and a straight-through muffler. Somebody help me out with some of this stuff here, though.

Back