i'm new. imagine that.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

drtysohc

hey everyone, i used to be on this site a long time ago but i can't remember my screen name. I have a 96 civic hatch with a turbo single cam. I just bought an a6 and i'm trying to figure out how to get it to work with my y7 head and the EK wiring harness...but i'm having trouble because the a6 doesn't have a crank position sensor. I didn't want to put the motor back together and into the car before i figured out whats going on.

Hi, or welcome back. Either way... i can't help you on your wiring issue.

got me stumped too bro. its something that youre going to have to start and figure it out as you go. Its gonna be difficult. Youve just gotta create a check list of everything that you need to have wired up and go through that list until youre done. Thats all i can say.

well, i forgot to add that i'm going to use a y7 head, which should make it easier....but i'm not sure whether i need that other sensor or not. do obd1 cars have that sensor?

welcome... back...

I'm not big on D-series and it's been a little while since I worked on Hondas but I'm going to re-familiarize myself with it cause my roomate says he's buying a civic
and he's going to need some help and I really need a hobby. I'll try to get a video of him talking his BS, it's kind of funny cause I always end up getting frustrated, cause he pulls half the shit out of his ass and expects me to believe it, I could deal with it as long as I get to build a motor for him and get to take it to the track a couple times, he'll have the money to finance it, but I don't think he has the know how or the ability to research.

Why do you want to keep it OBDII?

My personal opinion is unless your keeping it for the Emission/Inspection reasons or you're in CA, just convert to OBD1, if it's a track car I would defenitly reccomend just converting it, I don't know where you're from but I passed inspection and everything in PA with a OBD1 converted 90-91 b18a1 in my 92 hatch, I went to a county that didn't do emissions testing though and the guy let my test pipe slide, He said something about it and I said it was an aftermarket cat and he didn't even question me anymore. I turboed it like 2 weeks later.

I really only have the general idea of how PA inspections work since that's the only place I've had a car legally registered/insured/inspected in my name? I tried to change everything out here but I screwed up in NJ so I have to stick with my PA tags and license for another 4 years.

It's taking me like 20 mins to post a replies today and I keep trying to proofread it and it just doesn't sound right, I'm way too slow, but I still can't sleep for some reason.

Back