I'm new

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ascout91

I just stumbled across this site in a half woken daze towards hour number 10 at work. I've searched for six hours and couldn't find an Introduction subforum so, I'm doin it here. I've been tuning cars in general for about 10 years and have recently acquired a 91 CRX. I'm not gonna bore you with my plans for the project and I'll be asking very few questions for a while as I'm sure that most of them will be answered as I read through the tech articles and other threads. I'm basically poppin in to say hey. I'm impressed with the layout and the sense of community around here, it's like dsmtuners was back in the day. The tech forums look extensive and no one seems to be an asshat and offers advice where needed. Anyway I've got some reading ahead of me.

that is all.

Originally posted by Havok@Apr 3 2005, 10:25 AM
You are a God among men.

Welcome.
[post=482012]Quoted post[/post]​

flattery gets you everywhere mang. and of course I'll search, that's the only way to do stuff. that and I've been posting in performance forums for about 4 or 5 years now...I know how it goes.

Someone that read the forums before posting :) hahaha

Welcome. You just got back from Iraq? Me too. Good times huh?

rules threads - read

"read before posting" - read

a few of the tech articles - read

Yeah, I kinda miss Iraq...wait...no

nope, don't miss it a bit.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Apr 3 2005, 11:39 AM
Hahaha me neither.
[post=482019]Quoted post[/post]​

welcome to Hondaswap......
Have Fun...... :D

I'm not gonna bore you with my plans for the project and I'll be asking very few questions for a while as I'm sure that most of them will be answered as I read through the tech articles and other threads.

:thumbsup:

but you can share your plans with us...
i'd like to hear what you're gonna do...

motor swap? turbo?

Originally posted by reckedracing@Apr 3 2005, 02:12 PM
I'm not gonna bore you with my plans for the project and I'll be asking very few questions for a while as I'm sure that most of them will be answered as I read through the tech articles and other threads.

motor swap? turbo?
[post=482078]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:
Let us know.....

Intelligent: Check
Well Read: Check
Military Experience: Check
Experienced: Check

Holy shit, Glad to have you aboard !

-> Steve

If you're conservative and enjoy debate, you're my new best friend !

not to be a dick and change the subject, but what ever happened to that english dude that joined a few months back and posted pictures of his dope eg coupe? he was cool, and we all laughed cuz he said like "chap" and "cheerio" and "top of the mornin"(ok so i'm stretching it on that last one, but you guys get the picture. :lol:

Yeah.. Welcome bro. I'm new myself but I tend to post all kinds of worthless stuff so I'll probably hit up a couple of your topics.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Apr 3 2005, 01:12 PM

motor swap? turbo?
[post=482078]Quoted post[/post]​

Ok, but the last honda forum I did it on, some 18 year old kid told me I was bs'ing and couldn't afford to do it :beat: and everyone wanted to be the epitome of what I once despised about the rest of the import movement.

B16 swap (bare block, should be here in a couple weeks)
Sleeved - 84 mm
Turbo - unsure as to which one but hopin for boost settings between 15 and 20 Maybe higher (I was spoiled by boost with my GVR4)

Everything else is Kinda hazy as far as plans, but ya get the point. Interior is gonna be simple, yet functional. And exterior will stay either stock or possibly get the JDM bumper swap. The budget allows for the mill work to the block this month so we'll see how everything goes.

Back