I'm not paying this

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92civicb18b1

The Trisexual
So I get a letter in the mail today stating that the State of NJ wants me to pay them $57 for a public defender.

WTF...I never had a public defender, not recently or ever in Sussex county.

So I call them up. They tell me it costs $50 just to fill the form out, well I never filled one out. I might have told the judge I was going to use one, but the next day they recieved a letter of represention by my lawyer.

So I was a little confused, had the receptionist bring up the file because I wanted to know what the charges were so I'd have a little better understanding.

It was for the unlawful weapons possesion/unregistered firearm charge. There is no way in hell a public defender would have gotten me out of that and I have reciepts and copies of the letters of represention from my lawyer.

Thinking about it even more...I didn't even tell the judge I wanted a PD, my lawyer was with me the on the daY I was scheduled for "first appearance/plea statement" I accepted the plea bargain and didn't even have a trial or anything. I was sentenced to 1 year PTI, fines, liscense revokation, etc.

WTF is wrong with this state...I'm not giving them $.01 towards this.

NJ isn't a real state. I've always said that.

you do, however, need to pay it. This is the court system and it will haunt you forever. Pay it and be done. $50 isn't going to get you closer to moving out of that shithole state.

:eek: holy shit it cost you $50 to fill out the paperwork for a public defender out there. damn that sucks. I agree with Celerity would be better off paying for it, cause the state can yank your license for not paying for it. hell they can yank your license for just about anything they want

just pay it. take it as a loss. the last thing you need is to get pulled over for a bad taillight and find out you have a court ordered warrant. just bite the bullet on this one.

Technically my NJ liscense is suspended.... but I do have a valid DL.

If I can't get it settled, I have to pay it. State fines/bills aren't something I want to fuck with.

Even though it's only 50 bucks, it's 50 bucks I don't want to give to the state of NJ.

what about your bail appearance?

you got throw in the clinker right off the bat right?
so then did your lawyer show to get you bailed out?
or did a public defender serve for you?

I was arrested without bail until I saw the judge. The judge issued a $1500 bail with the 10% option. A few days later, I finally got in contact with someone and THEY came and bailed me out. I never requested or saw any PD's.

write out the check
put it in the envelope
but before you seal it stuff a shit load of pubes in there with it
hell get some friends to throw some in there too
now that there is a whole shit load of pubes in there send the payment in to them

they are happy because they got their money
you are happy because you pube bombed them

all is good

how so???

why no your honor i did not know that there was 7 different peoples pubes in that envelope when i sent it in :shrug2:

lmao...i should...or just bust a nut all over the check, I'm sure they'd love that one.

cant do the nut busting... that can be taken as a biological attack or something
"he was trying to give me gonherea through the mail!!!"

but pubes on the other hand are harmless fun

then they'ed run the DNA....and find out that half the states newborns are from him....and then he'll have to pay childsupport out the ass. :laugh:

hahah,

I dunno if they'd ACTUALLY push it as far as doing a DNA test on the hair, but it would suck if they did.

Quoted post[/post]]
:eek: holy shit it cost you $50 to fill out the paperwork for a public defender out there. damn that sucks. I agree with Celerity would be better off paying for it, cause the state can yank your license for not paying for it. hell they can yank your license for just about anything they want

The state of Colorado takes special joy in doing this exact thing. But definitely pay it and be done with it. Unless you can convince them that you don't have to pay it, I would just do it any never look back.

everything involved with the nj courts system costs crazy amounts of money. thats why i drive my car like a grandma.

Dont bust a nut on the check, that will get a bunch of people pregnant with your super sperm.

Back