im not sure what do i have

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

colombian_jam

i bougth i civic 1996 lx with a motor swap a least thats what the guy told me about but im not sure so i need a little of help
on the block says D16Y7 but i know that the head of these motor is non vtec, but my head is vtec and i can tell because i see the selenoide and i think is and OBD1 because the only dizzy that fits is a obd1 so i would like to know how can i look out for the head numbers and find out what head do i have on .
also my tranny say S40 and i cant find no info on these tranny i need a little of help thanks so i can get everythyng clear

Sounds like you bought a car that has a mini-me swap. This means that the guy put a vtec head on the stock block. You can do a little bit of peeking around the head and there should be a circle with two numbers inside of it, the numbers will be seperated by an up-down line. This should tell you what year the head was made.

or you can look in the same region and read the code.. ie: p28.. its most likely a d16z6 head and tranny

well i looked today and it say something like P08 and 92 now my quwestion these mini-me how you guys call it is good and make good numbers and mmore into B series and H no that much knoledge on a single D are they good for boost or no !!!!!!!!! also so shoul i change my oil pump to a Vtec one or should i live the stock one ...
and one last thing is a good conbination for D16Y7 block with a P08 head and S40 tranny i gat the car for 300 bucks !!!!!!!! is worth it to boost these little D

Mini me is a decent platform for boost. If you want to make anything above 230 whp though, id strongly recommend changing some internals. Stock D-Series with a good tune can handle ~200 whp safely as a DD. Set a power goal, and build your setup for that goal. EX: If you're shooting for ~180-190 whp, dont buy a t3/t4, stick with something smaller and cheaper that can do the job. Bigger isn't always better.

well i looked today and it say something like P08 and 92 now my quwestion these mini-me how you guys call it is good and make good numbers and mmore into B series and H no that much knoledge on a single D are they good for boost or no !!!!!!!!! also so shoul i change my oil pump to a Vtec one or should i live the stock one ...
and one last thing is a good conbination for D16Y7 block with a P08 head and S40 tranny i gat the car for 300 bucks !!!!!!!! is worth it to boost these little D
No, the car is not worth $300! But I will reimburse you for the $300 if you sign over that title.:D

jajaja you guys are so funny !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
for be honnest im just looking to have a a cheap and boost car if i blow the motor is not that expensive as a si or gsr if i blow the motor mos probably i will go H22 i just love the h series.
so you think i will hold the boost for couple months im planning to boost 7 psi ????????? too much for a single cam !!!!!!!! and one more time should i change my oil pump for the vtec one ???????? anybody seling a turbo kit for a D LMK

Back