Im noticing a trend..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

n20hatch

I went to the Hot Import Nights show in Seattle the other night and I noticed a really gross trend. I dont know if its a new trend or what but it seemed like a ton of people were painting their wheels nasty ass colors, whether it be the same color as the car or some other off the wall color. I felt like bitch slapping the owners. ( BTW, this was my first time ever seeing skylines and silvias in person! f'in awsome shit)

I have high- lighter orange wheels on my flat black EG hatch. Looks horrible lol.

Colored wheels doesn't look bad on some cars, expessially if they are a track car. Red wheels are starting to become pretty popular on red white and black cars. Green is also semi popular on black and white cars. Construction barellel orange looks ok with a Suzuka blue color. White wheels don't look good on anything. Black wheels look ok on just about anything.

i think white rims on a red si coupe looks nice. or a black coupe, looks nice too. i was gonna get white rims for my '99 crv when i had that, but decided not to. but other than that, white rims dont really look that good. i want some black rims on my car, when i get my car, whatever my car will be....

:thinks about black wheels:

hmmm... panasports... 15x10... 4.5" backspacing... black with polished lip...

:drool:

my wheels are going to be metallic green, to contrast my gloss black paint job.

when i get the fucking time to paint the car.

when i get my new 05 ex rims im polishing the face and painting the insides blue to match my car

Matching your wheels to your body was cool between March and October of 1989.

That said, I do it all the time.

Originally posted by SiLude@Aug 1 2005, 08:36 AM
i think white rims on a red si coupe looks nice. or a black coupe, looks nice too. i was gonna get white rims for my '99 crv when i had that, but decided not to. but other than that, white rims dont really look that good. i want some black rims on my car, when i get my car, whatever my car will be....
[post=533928]Quoted post[/post]​

I saw some white 17s on a black Si coupe earlier today, looked like shit.

I think black rims with polished lips look sick on black cars myself. White or any off hte wall color like red, orange, blue or green rims don't look good to me on any car.

My CRX is EBP and I will soon have the 16" Red Rota GT3's on it.

:shrug2: I like it.

Originally posted by MugenCRX@Aug 5 2005, 07:50 PM
My CRX is EBP and I will soon have the 16" Red Rota GT3's on it.

:shrug2: I like it.
[post=536416]Quoted post[/post]​

I do have a thing for those wheels for some reason, somthing sexy bout' em...

Thought I would weigh in on this...... I seem to think differently than most people who have replied.

I have powdercoated white rims on my metallic blue SHO, I think it looks great. When I told people my idea for the paint scheme and the white rims everyone said it would look dumb. However, after I got it done people were like "Damn that looks good." I get stopped by people all the time that tell me they love the color of the car with the rims. So if you don't like em, I guess maybe you havent seen the right combination yet. Or maybe you just have different taste. That being said, I personally think that gun-metal or black rims (especially flat black) are the most disgusting looking thing I have ever seen. I have seen a few (very few) cars with black rims that looked good, however the rims always have the polished lip. So I would say if you have the black, you have to have the polished lip. But like I said before, maybe I have only seen p.o.s. cars here that make the rims look bad or perhaps I just have a different taste. I dont think any colors besides black or white would look good though. I mean they might look so-so, but would probably look better with the black/polished lip, white, or chrome/polish.

i had red & blue wheels w/ polished lip on my car.. (off-white kinda yellowish DA)

the wheels were durasports, imported from japan, made for autoX. different offsets were i guess one of the reasons for the color.. they came like it..

other then that, i now have off-white wheels, on my off-white (etc etc) DA..

DSC01265.jpg

Originally posted by tegboi@Aug 18 2005, 12:03 AM
i had red & blue wheels w/ polished lip on my car.. (off-white kinda yellowish DA)

the wheels were durasports, imported from japan, made for autoX. different offsets were i guess one of the reasons for the color.. they came like it..

DSC01265.jpg

[post=541670]Quoted post[/post]​

Your car is so sick bro. Where in the Bay are you at? I was raised in Walnut Creek.

i have noticed that trend here. There is some primer black del sol running about my town with some bright red ass wheels, But whatever to each there own

Thought I would weigh in on this...... I seem to think differently than most people who have replied.

I have powdercoated white rims on my metallic blue SHO, I think it looks great. When I told people my idea for the paint scheme and the white rims everyone said it would look dumb. However, after I got it done people were like "Damn that looks good." I get stopped by people all the time that tell me they love the color of the car with the rims. So if you don't like em, I guess maybe you havent seen the right combination yet. Or maybe you just have different taste. That being said, I personally think that gun-metal or black rims (especially flat black) are the most disgusting looking thing I have ever seen. I have seen a few (very few) cars with black rims that looked good, however the rims always have the polished lip. So I would say if you have the black, you have to have the polished lip. But like I said before, maybe I have only seen p.o.s. cars here that make the rims look bad or perhaps I just have a different taste. I dont think any colors besides black or white would look good though. I mean they might look so-so, but would probably look better with the black/polished lip, white, or chrome/polish.

its kinda sad that i agree with a guy that drives a ford... <_<

blue car with white wheels looks hot in my opinion, and i HATE blackrims...

Quoted post[/post]]
Originally posted by tegboi@Aug 18 2005, 12:03 AM

DSC01265.jpg

<div align="right">[post=541670]Quoted post[/post]</div>

Your car is so sick bro. Where in the Bay are you at? I was raised in Walnut Creek.

born & raised in so-cal, now living in 510, richmond/el sobrante/vallejo.. i get around..

Back