I'm officially a homo...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hosmer

I made the millionth post
VIP
...wner

closing June 16th

6 rooms, 3 bed, full/unfinished basement, 2 car detached (oversized) garage w/ a workroom off the back on a little over 1/2 an acre (cleared)

dead end street, 2 minutes to the highway...yard backs up to marshy area w/power lines a bit further back (means no one will be building back there)

the best part...the mortgage is about $35 CHEAPER than what we're paying for rent

only pic for now:

newhouse.jpg

Last edited:
congrats.. have fun being a home owner..

Awesome.

Now, did they tell you your mortgage is cheaper ? Did they figure your whole taxes, PMI and insurance into that ?

because my "mortgage" is $1200 a month. I "pay" $2000 a month. That's CT taxes (Which you don't enjoy) and PMI (Which you may) and insurance (Which the bank requires of you)

Now, the lesson I learned - Go to the townhall and immediately calculate your NEW taxes. the mortgage company doesn't do this, and they estimate based on the previous owner's cycles. This meant that this year I got a tax bill asking for $2000 more, which my mortgage company gladly gave them in arrears, charged me for in abundance and then built in the error into this year's taxes. The end result: my taxes are completely doubled for the next 2 years (Again with the arears thing) and has a 42% increase overall since I bought it.

Insurance is another matter completely. The Mortgage company gives "you" insurance to protect THEM. Not you. If you have a fire, the mortgage company gets enough money to cover their losses and you petition to get that money from them, sans fees and whatever they ate for lunch at the meeting to discuss your problem. If you upgrade the insurance to protect you, then you're going to pay more of a premium.

I found this out when I had the house alarm installed, and my insurance company said "BFD". It's because the insurance doesn't give a shit about the house, they are hired to protect and underwrite the LOAN. If you're following my reasoning here (it's slightly flawed) you're paying monthly for nothing. (The bank also has Reinsurance that they pay for to protect their investments. On top of that, your indemnity and PM insurance protects them further. It's win win for them. assholes)

Also, I really hate to be the shmuck to bring this up, but about the name... is it under your name ? If so , or if not - feel free to hit me up in PM and I can share some Celerity nuggets of wisdom on how to maintain proper boundaries and not piss off your woman.

they figured my taxes and insurance into mine.. its $1116/ mo.. i pay $1200

mortgage, taxes, insurance and PMI = less than my rent (which is $1100)

the actual mortgage is $870 :thumbsup:

nice. :thumbsup:

I'm just waiting for grammadukes to sign the deed to the PA house into my name. :D. Taxes are a bout 6k a year for the PA house, 7 for the one in NJ. Fortunately both houses are fully paid for, well the NJ house has a few thousand left, so it'll be fully paid off by the end of the year.

nice looks like my buddy's house. same type garage. 2 car detached with work area in the back. it's awesome working on cars at his house! i'm sure you'll love it. we spend more time in his garage than in his actual house.

congrats!

Damn those are low mortgages.

You could barely take a shit in a honey bucket outside your trailer for a mortgage that cheap in washington.

My real estate woman just left. God she's cute. And single. I'm gonna invite her over for dinner this weekend. (I made sure something was out of place so she had to come back)

But now I gotta find someone to do sheet rocking this week.

welp....after 3 weeks of lawyers fucking stuff up.....we closed today

its official

the front:
house1.jpg

the rear:
house2.jpg

the sad (for now) garage:
housegarage.jpg

the (dead end) street I'm on:
housestreet.jpg

changed all the locks today after the closing and turned the water back on...all in all, a success

I wish I could have a house.... and some ponies. I want a mini horse.

nice. dead end st FTW :) i love living in a cul de sac.

now you need to head over to homemodders.com :)

Back