Im on Meds! woohoo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffie7

Wrong Whole!
VIP
Two nights ago I was working on My car out in the closed garage.
I happened to get some oil on My forehead, I figured crap I bet it's also in my hair so I went ahead after I was done and hit the bathroom for a shower.

As soon as I took my shirt off I could see what looked to be a very tiny scab forming, however around the scab my skin was raised and also pinkish/red about 1/6"wide by 1" long. I went ahead and tried to pick the scab off just to make sure it was just that, a scab, but no it wasn't it fiped up some but stayed in place. I knew at that point it was a supertiny tick... damnit! I took the twezers and was about to pull the body off but could see I left a tiny bit still in Me. I then used a needle to try and get the head out but after bleeding some it was too hard to tell if I got it or not.

I took a very hot shower then cleaned the area. Preped it with some antibiotic ointment and called it a night.

Next morning I woke up and the area was still raised and red/pinkish. I went to work and after work stoped by my docs office "place I've been once in like 8 years". He said it was for sure a deer tick and it looked as if it did carry the lime disease. He said it's very common and that he gets patents in with deerticks all to often.

So now Im sucking down Amoxicillin twice a day for a week. He said I even though it looks like I have the lime dusease theres a chance its only raised like that due to how the tick bite, however, to play it save he wants me to take the meds.

I can't believe how tiny the tick was as with WHERE I got the tick I was not out in the woods I drove home from work and pulled straight into the garage then went into the house after that back out to work on my car and that was it!.

Ohwell my pink/red mark is starting to look better so I guess all is well =)~

Remember if you live in a wooded area check for ticks! I had no pain what so ever thankfully it was on my lower ab area VS my back or some hidden place
I would have never knew it was there if that was the case!

Welp it's time to eat some Yogurt so I wont get the S#%ts from taking this stuff. =)~

s40c936b12bf37.jpg

it was much worse.

fuck dude. I had a tick from boyscout camp...pulled the fucker out of the back of my neck... couldn't believe i got it all out. Got checked up and had no disease...

Thats nasty shit, good you caught it.

Originally posted by revolution8k@Jun 10 2004, 11:55 PM
fuck dude. I had a tick from boyscout camp...pulled the fucker out of the back of my neck... couldn't believe i got it all out. Got checked up and had no disease...

Normal ticks for the most part will not pass diseases, but deer ticks carry them
Deer ticks are about the size of a pen tip VERY TINY! the biggest they can get is about 1/4 the size of a normal tick

Originally posted by jeffie7+Jun 11 2004, 12:03 AM-->
revolution8k
@Jun 10 2004, 11:55 PM

Normal ticks for the most part will not pass diseases, but deer ticks carry them
Deer ticks are about the size of a pen tip VERY TINY! the biggest they can get is about 1/4 the size of a normal tick

werd...it wasn't a very big tick. I dunno how I got him pulled out, but i know i got all of him out.

I was working on my garage last week at night, went straight to bed afterwards... Getting in bed, changing clothes, and a regular tick fell out of my jeans. :blink: Checked myself and my room out and weren't any more, but I was feeling things crawling all night. :)

Guess they like cool garages at night. :p

as far as i know there is no cure
but it is very treatable (i had 2 teachers in highschool that were each living with it for going on 20 years)
and the earlier it is found/treatment is started, the more tollerable it will be

When you get bit by a tick with lime disease, the disease has to make its way to your central system Then once it's in there you're fucked. If it's cought in time you can I guess for lack of better words kill off the disease before your body is infested with it.

Back