I'm on strike.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Well if you guys strike tooooo much i will be off the Hartford UTC tax project a lil sooner :) . . .

welp...as thought the strike is going to suck....I hope it doesn't last to long...

if it lasts a week...then I'm screwed.... :cry:

I can handle a few days...it'll give me some time to catch up on some projects.

I will be needed to go picket...and they have my picket schedual set at 2:00am-6:00am on a small side road...where only drunks and TV crew will drive by,....so what the use of me standing outside at that time of night in 12 degree weather?....fame, supporting the union brotherhood, freezing my tushii off?....

I'll go tonight to do it...and might get a spot on the 6-8 am morning news....but it will be more of a pain and a waste of gas to just show up to freeze my ass off.

Why can't contract negotiations happen in July????

The worst thing to do is to cross the picket line...I'll never do that....I value my life too much.

but the other side...it will be all the managers trying to put a helicopter together, and try to fly it...when they've been sitting behind desks for so many years...and I highly doubt any of the test pilots will even sit in a bird when they find out that someone with no experiance just put it together....plus the Army want's their birds as soon as possible...and a day on the picket line will add a day later to when they get a bird to help the war on terror effort.......

all it takes is for someone to put the wrong part somewhere...and a person or a group of people will die....

The company is making record profits...but they also want to cut back on the working man's OT, and insurance....granted...the ratification bonus and pay increase will be more than what an average family would use for the healthcare benifits in a 3 year era....the posted proposal didn't look too bad....but also I don't have any kids...unlike the other teamsters...

i hope it all works out. when this kinda thing happens, nobody really wins in the end. . . .

good luck and bring some coffee with you!

I'm gonna go down to the stratford plant and do donuts on the grass :)

Then I'm gonna take a bunch of pictures while wearing a turban

i still can't beleive that people are throwing a fit over an increase from $15 to 30 co-pays for health care visits. it fucking amazes me how pathetic this is.

not to mention, your insurnace is pratcially free at $10 a month.

i pay 25 times the amount you pay a month, and my co pays are 5 times higher.

over time pay? WTF is that?

all these strikers don't realize how fucking good they have it.

I'm paying $16 a week for full medical coverage for me and the wife...and another $1 a week for full dental for both of us. Which that alone is the best price on the market....but they want to double it...and then increase it another %15 per year for the next two years....so that would be $46 a week. Which would be over 2Ks a year.... :mad:

Plus the Over Time...they want to put the entire factory on a duble shift of 12 hours a day, 4 days on, three days off...and another shift for just the weekend. And for my job...whrenching that long, while climbing up and down the helicopter...fixing things..fatigue will set in..and somebody will get hurt. That would be ok for omeone sitting behind a desk...but not in a flight hanger. It would be only a matter of time for when another helicopter crashes at the facility.

yeah, i understand the shift thing... that does suck...

but the insurnace stuff, for just me its 239 a month + 8 for dental + 25 for vision
if i had a wife, it would be 480 a month + 25 + 50 (spouses cost more than the employee does)

Quoted post[/post]]
I'm paying $16 a week for full medical coverage for me and the wife...and another $1 a week for full dental for both of us. Which that alone is the best price on the market....but they want to double it...and then increase it another %15 per year for the next two years....so that would be $46 a week. Which would be over 2Ks a year.... :mad:

Plus the Over Time...they want to put the entire factory on a duble shift of 12 hours a day, 4 days on, three days off...and another shift for just the weekend. And for my job...whrenching that long, while climbing up and down the helicopter...fixing things..fatigue will set in..and somebody will get hurt. That would be ok for omeone sitting behind a desk...but not in a flight hanger. It would be only a matter of time for when another helicopter crashes at the facility.

I would show up at my friend's shop before anyone else does looking for sidework.

Right now I an glass beading those 13x6.5 watanabe rims....once I can get the pair cleaned up, polished, painted...and decide a price...and try to sell them.....then thats what I'll have to do to get by until they get that damn contract negotiated. If anyone need some work done to their cars, parts cleaned up, wheels sandblasted...I'm availible...and cheap.

Build my block. I hate screwing with conrod bearings. Then I can hand off my head to you for the valve work and porting / polishing. Then I can get you my 16" rims for sandblasting / painting

Sell my motorcycle.

No, the Honda 500 Shadow, 1982.

I'll trade you that, a 1989 Acura Integra for that 240SX: )

Or I'll trade ya a porsche 944 for it.

I have no idea....on how many times I went to various webpages and new pages and clicked refresh.... :cry:

but I know in the last hour...I must have refreshed many pages...cuz now I'm getting worried....no talks yet on another offer.... :mad:

but one wheel is done...and ready for paint...tommorrow is another wheel, Franks valve cover, some DX manifold and other parts I can blast and paint and possibly try my hand at ebay again.... :)

Back