I'm pregnant.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

You have to do whats best for you and your bf. Make the decision and remember that whatever it is it was best for you at the time.

I agree with B on this, but it gets ridiculous when people use it as a form of birth control. I know a girl who has had probably 4 or 5 of them. Mainly because she doesn't know who the father is and she doesn't make guys wear condoms.

Pro abortion? or do you mean pro choice?

I'm pro choice, and if you don't want the child Misti, I support your decision for a miscarriage 100%.

Technically its seperated into two major groups;

Pro-Life
Pro-Choice

He meant Pro-Choice.

Cel isn't the baby daddy. It's pretty impossible, actually, but it's funny, none the less. Eh, actually just talking about it made me realize a few things. I do feel bad, simply because my heart says it's wrong. However, you have to realize what's important when it comes to having children. I agree, it's not to be used as a method of birth control. I guess I'm not that impervious to emotions attached to this.

Anyway, thanks again, everyone. :) I appreciate that you'd just read it. :wub:

Iam prochoice. I beleave that you should do what you think is right for yourself at this time.

Remember there is alwase adoption. You have options other than abortion and its up to you to make that choice.

Ok, here's what I really hurt thinking about: what it's doing to HIM. He's had a gf before who had a late term abortion (it was theirs) and she up and left him one day.... he assumes because of that. So, he's been silent the past few days except to give me hugs and say 'this must be so hard for you' but I'm really concerned about him. So, after he gets home from work, we are going to talk. The decision is made... it's just I want to know how he feels and let him know that I'm not holding this against him in any way.

I know how you feel...I just went through it in June. At least you are considering the emotions of him as well. Everybody seems to forget about the man when stuff like this happens.

Stand behind your conviction of choice...Everyone will be behind you.

Call me if you need anything... Seriously...

And I am pro choice as well... If you feel you cant/shouldnt do this, than you shouldnt. I wish more people would have that point of view.

I've been there myself when I was a lot younger, and while it was really hard to do at the time I know now that it would have been much worse for our child to grow up in the environment we were fostering at the time than to have an abortion. I totally understand feeling like shit about it, I still don't really like thinking about it now and it's been 7 years, but at the same time you have to realize that you are doing what is best given the circumstances in your own life. I know you don't know me that well considering we've only talked a few times, but like everybody else said I'm around if you need somebody to talk to. I wish my g/f at the time was as caring as you are about the whole thing...

I hate to be the only one who's posted a prolife view but here it goes. Let me please preface this by saying this is not a personal attack. I respect that the decision is yours and yours alone. I get it that you are not ready to/can’t support a baby at this current time in your life. But I will raise the point, How is that the babies fault? He/She didn’t ask to be conceived. My personal view is that you carry the baby and give it up for adoption. There are plenty of people who cant have kids that would give the baby a good home and a good life. Then at least you know you did the best for him/her that you could at the time and still saved a life.

I hate to be the only one who's posted a prolife view but here it goes. Let me please preface this by saying this is not a personal attack. I respect that the decision is yours and yours alone. I get it that you are not ready to/can’t support a baby at this current time in your life. But I will raise the point, How is that the babies fault? He/She didn’t ask to be conceived. My personal view is that you carry the baby and give it up for adoption. There are plenty of people who cant have kids that would give the baby a good home and a good life. Then at least you know you did the best for him/her that you could at the time and still saved a life.

Which doesn't take into account the stress on a woman's body during pregnancy.

Her body will never physiologically be the same. The baby is parasitic when in the womb and sucks nutrients from the mother's body. Lets not forget the fact that complications during pregnancy can result in death as well.

Now lets think of the mental anguish there is to sire a child and then give it up for adoption. Its easier said then done.

Why is it harder?

Do you think things through before you form an argument?

Have you ever talked to a mother or heard stories about mothers who gave their babies up for adoption and the tremendous effect this has psychologically on a person?

Do you think things through before you form an argument?

Have you ever talked to a mother or heard stories about mothers who gave their babies up for adoption and the tremendous effect this has psychologically on a person?

Yes i have, and i fail to see how giving a baby up is harder then killing it. I hate to say but most people use abortion as a form of birth control and I don't agree with that. If the women was that concerned about having a bay she and the her b/f-husband should have taken steps to prevent it.

this is not an atack on you presonally, but on the whole adoption thing. If giving the child up for adoption is such a wonderfull thing, how many childrren have you adopted? I ask that question to all pro-lifers who mention adoption. Our social service systems are overwhelmed, workers over worked and underpaid, there are all ready too many children in the system and too many of said children fall through the cracks.

Let me counter that by explaining that I, myself AM adopted. Having said that, I have a clear understanding of how the child will feel later. It's not easy for a mother either, and if I ever do meet my biological mother, I would thank her. I know my parents couldn't conceive. After what it put my mother through (7 miscarriages) I can tell you I'd understand how happy I would make a family, but my boyfriend says that it would be near impossible for him to consider giving our child away.

I have thought about it, but there's no possible way I would be able to go through the joys of pregnancy (and tribulations) and then just give it to someone else. Having carried 2 children and having them, I can't imagine actually giving one away after that. If it were my first, maybe.

Adoption itself has put me in a compromising position because as an adopted child, I wouldn't want my child to feel the way I do some days. On my birthday, I wonder if my mother remembers. I wonder if she wants to meet me. I wonder if she cares or has forgotten. I wonder if I was only a problem she merely had to get rid of. But, in the end, I was raised by loving people.

Right now, this baby didn't have a choice and it's not the baby's fault. I never tried to place blame. It's not even a 'baby' or 'fetus' yet, it's just a cell dividing at light speed. I've been taking care of myself, not smoking, and being a good girl because it's the right thing to do... but, still, I just don't think I can bring myself to it. Maybe it's selfish, but, it's really how I feel. If I were truly that selfless, I wouldn't be considering a medical miscarriage. Either way I choose to do this, it's going to be hard.

Back