I'm Ready to Trade Up

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BigJ

I'm just about that action Boss.
VIP
K. I've had my 2007 Scion TC since Aug 06 and I love the car.

It's great. I get about 25mpg, the payment is 290 and I owe only 14k and its worth about or more than that. I drive a lot and I have 26k on it since I purchased it. This included about 1.5 months of downtime last winter where I was literally un able to move the car about 4 to 5 days/week due to ice/snow and the hills I live around. It has the ability to climb hills and drive in the snow just fine, and I actually passed a friends honda pilot awd that couldn't climb a hill, when I could. But. I can't take it to the pass without chaining up and going 20 miles an hour tops on a heavy snow day. I bmx, mountainbike, kayak(yeah boy), wakeboard, ski and do a lof of other active things, that my car is unable to accomodate.

I have the chance to get into a used 04-05 wrx wagon for about 15-17k and I'm worried I won't get the same great 8.5% financing I got on my tc. I really want a car with a touch more power and all wheel drive, and another set of doors for easy access for my roommates who ride with me constantly.

I haven't done much to my tc. Badgeless grill, injen cai mr edition, tint, floormats, and a type r sub. I can put it back to stock very quickly and problably chuck everything besides the tint for 500 including the sub.

Now I just want opinions if its a good idea to try and trade up/apply for a loan and such to get into a wrx. Currently I found an 05 wrx wagon with 25k, white, black wheels, otherwise stock. 16k and I believe clean title(going to call again this afternoon).

What do you guys think? hold out, and tough it through the winters? I don't have the money to insure two cars, or the capital to get another winter beater, etc. I need one car, and I have a variety of needs, but I'm not upside for the time being on my car and I do enjoy driving it.

yea its a turboed FWD 5 door
My buddys in love with them

No I know exactly what it is, and its definitely out of my price range, and its fwd, and the only way I'd trade up is for AWD.

they also look like a box on wheels and can't get out of their own way.

welcome to the dark side....of wagon's.....buahahahahhaaha

DSC00618.JPG

Actually you mihgt get a decent rate on a different car since your credit has probably gone up since you have the loan already. I would get the wrx, I hate wagons with a passion but the wrx is probably the only one I would drive.

they also look like a box on wheels and can't get out of their own way.

Depends on the year.

Also 8.5% isn't a great rate.

I got into my used WRX for 8%.

Find someone to cosign for you on the WRX loan so you can get a better rate.

Forrester XT. Turbo, look awsome on STI BBS's, and are very capable in snow with suitable tires. Also....see last-gen CR-Vs.

My friend traded his very nicely prepped TC for his M/S 3 wagon. It's VERY nice. Great build quality, handles like a dream and for some fucked up reason it gets like 25 mpg city and 40 highway. And it's turbo.

It's a WRX without the useless AWD.

Well could go for the New EVO lawl! or go for a Truck.. 4x4 and a bed.. what elts ya need? right haha

Back