I'm sick as hell, i think i have the avian flu

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lol

and i'm not home... i'm at work and thurs i gotta got on boston on business :cry:

and i talked to katie, and shes sick too....

and my buddy mike is sick to- he was also at the wedding... but he had the steak, not the chicken... so who knows.. :cry:

The initial symptoms of avian flu are similar to those of other influenza viruses, including fever, generalised muscle pain, cough and sore throat. However, it is more likely to result in high fever, chest infection, respiratory failure, multi-organ failure, and death.

well, that's outstanding.

i have the aches and pains, a sore throat, and a minor cough... no fever though.

chest infection hasn't happened... i don't have the pneomonia-like cough, my organs seem to be ok, and i'm not dead yet :ph34r:

:cry:

if you have health insurance (assume you do) I'd go get checked out.

hy·po·chon·dri·ac (hp-kndr-k)
n.
A person afflicted with hypochondria.

hy·po·chon·dri·a
n.
The persistent conviction that one is or is likely to become ill, often involving symptoms when illness is neither present nor likely, and persisting despite reassurance and medical evidence to the contrary.
Source: The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary

hy·po·chon·dria
n.
extreme depression of mind or spirits often centered on imaginary physical ailments; specifically : HYPOCHONDRIASIS
Source: Merriam-Webster's Medical Dictionary, © 2002 Merriam-Webster, Inc.

hypochondria
n : chronic and abnormal anxiety about imaginary symptoms and ailments [syn: hypochondriasis]
Source: WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton University

:dunno:

P.S. Anyone else hear of that potato salad in NM that killed like 17 people??

if he actually has symptoms, I don't think you can really call him a hypochondriac.

It might not be avian flu, but I wouldn't take my chances

Quoted post[/post]]
if he actually has symptoms, I don't think you can really call him a hypochondriac.

It might not be avian flu, but I wouldn't take my chances

Yeah, but they are not likely at all.

He had sars? And now the avion flu?? How come he gets all the popular diseases?

The best protection against influenza is having good body resistance. This can be achieved through a balanced diet, regular exercise, adequate rest, reducing stress, and not smoking.

i'm fucked.

shit, so am I (assuming I ever get it)

except for the smoking part.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
The best protection against influenza is having good body resistance. This can be achieved through a balanced diet, regular exercise, adequate rest, reducing stress, and not smoking.

i'm fucked.

well you've got the regular rest part all taken care of you sleepy bastard

used to... i'm lucky to get 5 hours a night... bed by 130 or 2, up by 730 :cry:

thats probly why you're sick you dumb shit
lack of sleep + weather change = sick

go get some vitimin C drops and maybe some of that Airborn stuff (actually works pretty well)
youll be fine in no time

i've got some dayquill and a sobe elixer on my desk that i've been trading off taking hits off all day

cool shit
im tellin ya though swing by CVS on your way home and grab some airborn and some vitamin C drops
youll be fine in a day or 2

Back