im so fuct, help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

me like a dumb ass thought of the idea "nyc, and why its such a wasteland to live in ".. the point is i have to persuade my public speaking class why ny is so shitty to live in, i already got some info like why other place are better, but i need some fact for example
1) population vs. land size
2) crime statistics
3) poverty comparisons
4) health issues like pollution
5) potholes...u now our cars vs. cars in cali
6) traffic and parking ticket comparisons of states
7) drop out rates
8) teen pragnancies
9) homlessness
10) life expectancies
11) and any other usefull information

i already got info on why other states are better, like insurance rates, recreation, weather, taxes......

guys please help...this should be fun also finding out why your so lucky if you live in NYC, and how fucking shitty we have it if we live here.
thanx guys :ph34r: :D

if u can, let me know the sites you got the info from so i can look up more info, or just use that as a reference ....thanx again

Originally posted by 93stockhatch@Dec 3 2003, 08:46 PM
me like a dumb ass thought of the idea "nyc, and why its such a wasteland to live in ".. the point is i have to persuade my public speaking class why ny is so shitty to live in, i already got some info like why other place are better, but i need some fact for example
1) population vs. land size
2) crime statistics
3) poverty comparisons
4) health issues like pollution
5) potholes...u now our cars vs. cars in cali
6) traffic and parking ticket comparisons of states
7) drop out rates
8) teen pragnancies
9) homlessness
10) life expectancies
11) and any other usefull information

i already got info on why other states are better, like insurance rates, recreation, weather, taxes......

guys please help...this should be fun also finding out why your so lucky if you live in NYC, and how fucking shitty we have it if we live here.
thanx guys :ph34r: :D

1) isn't LA pretty damn crowded too?
2) Guiliani actually reduced crime quite a bit
3) Poor people are everywhere
4) LA and a city in Texas are more polluted than NYC air wise
5) You want potholes? come to Indiana....
6) I dunno bout this, big cities don't worry about parking tickets that much.
7) I would figure a so cal city would have this more than anything.
8) reason why I think the way I do for 7.
9) Isn't this a tie in with 3?
10) I would figure this would tie into 4, with LA being one of the most polluted (air wise) cities in the US.
11) New york has been home to how many...? dozens of the worlds tallest buildings, & it's a gold mine for office space.

erm wait...pursuade AGAINST NYC? I can't think of anything. :D :ph34r:

ya i have to prove why its so shitty here, i have the reasons, but need the facts to prove it, like articles or polls and graphs, google is fucking me over too, thanx anyway

thanx xyswany

Everyday in New York City:
316 babies are born to NYC residents.

At least 166 of these children are being born into poverty.

571,756 children are living in poverty.

Over 11,526 children are homeless and living in shelters.

151 children are reported as being abused or neglected.

Over 59.9% of all elementary and middle school students are reading below grade level.

stuff like this helps

Originally posted by 93stockhatch@Dec 3 2003, 09:05 PM
thanx xyswany

Everyday in New York City:
316 babies are born to NYC residents.

At least 166 of these children are being born into poverty.

571,756 children are living in poverty.

Over 11,526 children are homeless and living in shelters.

151 children are reported as being abused or neglected.

Over 59.9% of all elementary and middle school students are reading below grade level.

stuff like this helps

Read some stuff about other cities. you can't base your arguement on that, because if someone else is doing their homework they could find worse numbers for other cities like LA, Chicago, Tampa, Mexico City, etc.

not to be a dick, but why does everyone want other people to do their research for them? Wouldn't it help you out more to find the information yourself?

welcome to america. were the laziest motherfuckers on the face of the earth. to add to this im looking for a paper on bi-polar disorder, pm me if ya got anything :D

dude new york is nowhere near bad. Compared to other cities in america or japan or some shit it can be made to look bad. but if you want shitty just look at one country in the news afghanistan. People over there litterally eat with their right hand and wipe with their left. its fucking shitty. buddy of mine just got back. he said the only nice places were around the poppy feilds. But the people literally eat what they got. could you imagine 3 weeks of nothing but almonds. or pears or some shit?

Back