I'm so lost... b16a 96 hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jared759

VIP
This engine and ecu were used in my RUNNING eg hatch not even 2 weeks ago.

Figured I'd see what you guys had to say.... I have a 96 civic hatch with a obd1 b16a running a god awful chasebays harness. (This might be my issue.) but I'm not getting power out of the main relay to my fuel pump. Also the CEL isn't coming on when the key is switched to on (II) and fuel pump isn't priming. (Its not doing the whole two second prime deal) I have continuity to all my grounds on the ecu. Main relay is good and replaced the ignition switch. If I ground pin 8 on the main relay harness the fuel pump will kick on.

I'm stumped been at this for 3 days. Here is the hatch though. Picked it up cheap, power everything with si swaybars.
10403370_10152353076677659_5165330371918941923_n.jpg

Can you put the EK harness on it? I know it's not as cool looking but they can be made to work well.

Just got done soldering the stock ek harness back together. Thats going in tomorrow, just waiting on my jumper harness. Had the chasebays harness laying around and just decided to use it. More than likely this will fix my problem, seeing how I've checked every thing I know to check about 100 times

Last edited:
It was the harness. fried a chipped p28 and a jdm p30. Now all I have left is a stock ls ecu =[ BUT THE CAR RUNS!

I'll have to pull them apart and check them out. I got another p28 and an obx twin loop, heard some good reviews about it and it seemed quiet. It was cheap so if I don't like it I'm not out much. Any suggestions on a resonator? I want as quiet as possible

Twin loop muffler with a 18" resonator should be pretty quite. I would run 2.5" with that set up. 2.25" will be quieter but be a little but more restrictive. Nothing worth having will be that quite at wide open throttle but my prefered set up will be quiet enough under normal driving loads.

How much did you pick it up for? looks super clean.

so how much do you have invested total now?

I'd say close to 2100, including the price of the car. I had all the ac stuff. Only paid 160 for the hood, trans was 600 and the ecu was 200 and little minor things like tierod ends and bushings.

It has surface rust in the quarters, thats getting fixed next week.

hell of a deal. good looking car. for some reason i thought you were in the northwest and not SC. guess i wont offer to buy it when you're done with it. lol

1920477_10152490802957659_6140138656607650984_n.jpg

How it sits now. Still not painted. Added OEM ctr spoiler and OEM ctr door panels and putting the rest of the black interior in this week.

Also new brakes! Brembo blanks hps pads.

Back