%$**&^ im stuck

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

racintweek

i have a 91 hatch im putting in an ls how do you get the bolts in to the mount on the subframe for the new mount

i was told to put the motor in first then put them in but there is no way to do that and everytihng else is already in

i dont feel like pulling the motor for 2 stupid bolts please help

i willpost pics later but any help now would be great :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Which mount the rear one I assume? If thats the one, I can't get that one off, so I have the opposite prob. There is one bolt I can't get to.

i bet your talking about the one in the back under the fire wall
you need a really long ext that reaches out of the engine bay with a swivel at the bottom put it straight down next to the heater valve and once you get the socket on the bolt hit it with an impact and out she comes

you think that sux you should try getting the new mount on later with engine in the way i still cant do it

Are you talking about the rubber mount or the actual bracket? The mount should be already there. Then when your putting the bracket in, attach it to the mount, then try and line it up with the top bolt for the mount. Slowly lower the engine, and they will start to line up.

i tried putting the rubber mount on the subframe first and lowering the engine on it but it didnt work so i took the mount off the subframe lowered the engine and put the mount on the subframe but then i could only get one bolt in it

i bet your talking about the one in the back under the fire wall
you need a really long ext that reaches out of the engine bay with a swivel at the bottom put it straight down next to the heater valve and once you get the socket on the bolt hit it with an impact and out she comes

Your the man, nobody could tell me how to get that thing off...the motor is in already and the car is relying on the weak front mount.

how did you get teh front mount to line up? on mine its way off
well i guess it doesnt matter being as you dont need it(at least i dont ;) )
yeaah it took me a while to get the back one figured out but i felt really dumb being as its very simple

While the motor was still on the cherry picker we used a pry bar to move the engine around to get the holes to line up for the other mounts. It was just the back one I couldn't figure out how to get off for the life of me.

Back