i'm thinking about buying a gun

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

whatever you do, make sure to get some badass "homeboy" night-sights :p

Never carry a gun "in your car". Don't be stupid. Not saying that you said you would, but no state allows you to "Carry a gun in your car" when it's a licenced handgun.
Yeah no shit, my friend had a gun in his car when he got pulled over.
Can you say fucked!!!

you can carry a gun in a car in all states as long as it is registered and you have a permit for it

you can carry a gun in a car in all states as long as it is registered and you have a permit for it

It has to be "on your person" which means, strapped to you. Not in the glovebox.

That's a real good way to lose a gun, have someone shoot another person with your pistol.

Not a pleasant place to be.

"(2)(a) A person shall not carry or place a loaded pistol in any vehicle unless the person has a license to carry a concealed pistol and: (i) The pistol is on the licensee's person, (ii) the licensee is within the vehicle at all times that the pistol is there, or (iii) the licensee is away from the vehicle and the pistol is locked within the vehicle and concealed from view from outside the vehicle.'

I see here they allow it "out of sight and locked within the vehicle". I believe they intend something like a safe or the like. Glovebox is no good, and in CT where the same law is stated, glovebox and trunk is no good.

i will never leave it in there anyway.

if i have it, it will be either locked inbox(during transport), or on my person(camping, hunting, shooting on the range).

yea laws are weird like that like lets say your have a shot gun it has to be out in the open when carried in a car or truck to were it can be seen

get a masterkey :ph34r:

RM870-MCSAuxiliary.jpg

hadn't thought about getting a shotgun for home defense, but that def. makes sense.

[continues reading Massad Ayoob]

remington 870 or mossberg 590 FTW
both tactical

only problem is the barrel length vs rounds tradeoff
shorter barrel = better spread, but fewer rounds

1911? HK USP? That's my personal favorite. I know a few people with the Smith SW40VE's too. If you're looking for something bigger, 480 Ruger or .50AE Desert Eagle, and the .45-70 revolvers or .460 (like Magnum Research's) are good choices.

the HK USP is badass

go 40SW or .45Cal, .45 is heavier but the 40SW flies near 1100FPS

either one can be equipped with a tac-light and laser sight, it's point and click acess to the afterlife!

or if you wanna save some cash and still get a good hand gun

JXF9F11_px4_S_maxi.jpg

the Beretta PX4 is a good model that will save you about $250

also built for the light and laser, also comes in 9MM/40SW/or .45Cal

remington 870 or mossberg 590 FTW
both tactical

only problem is the barrel length vs rounds tradeoff
shorter barrel = better spread, but fewer rounds

Best compromise, magazine-fed shotguns:
USAS-12
usas124.jpg

PM5:
f45c0c9b.jpg

and revolving type:
DAO-12/Striker:
strikr.jpg

no state allows you to "Carry a gun in your car" when it's a licenced handgun.

I don't know about other states, but it is completely legal to carry a handgun in your car.

Colorado law currently allows persons to carry a handgun in their place of business or in their automobile for lawful protection.

I don't know about other states, but it is completely legal to carry a handgun in your car.

Colorado law currently allows persons to carry a handgun in their place of business or in their automobile for lawful protection.
in your vehicle ON YOUR person, correct?

Best compromise, magazine-fed shotguns:
are any of these legal?

I have night sights on my Sig229:ph34r:

Are they Siglites? I have them on my P220.

Blanco said:
If you're concerned about safety in the wilderness, do you really think a small bore handgun is going to do anything for you? A shotgun would be a good choice here too, but a high powered rifle would be even better. You want maximum penetration and damage here. You don't want to have to unload an entire clip and have the animal still coming at you, pissed off, dying, and wanting to take you with it.

If he's going to be going along with his friends when they go hunting he shouldn't be carrying a high powered rifle. Since he won't have a tag to shoot its normally against the law to be carrying any type of weapon that can be used to shoot.

saturn_boy, just so you know if your going to be using a handgun to go out with your friends that are hunting you should take the required steps to get a hunter safety card and then get a small game license. If your out with a friend who is hunting and you have a gun on your person without any sort of hunting license you could have to pay fines. With a small game license you can just tell a warden that you came along to hunt rabbits or squirrels or coyotes.

Another option you can look into for getting a good gun is getting a refurbished SIG. Most stores that sell SIGs new also sell the refurbed ones, for quite a bit less and their refurbed directly from SIG with a lot of new parts.

Hunters safety and a gun class are good

and if it's for animal protection and not hunting the small bore hand gun should be fine

a full clip +1 of full metal jacket or Hollow's at .45 Cal will slow down even a Kodak if you know what you're doing

don't take firearms advice from a California hippy

Back