Im to hondas but i need some help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mfarmaco

I have a honda del sol with a D16 v-tech and would like to swap a B18C5 but i would also like to put a turbo on it. Is a B18C5 good for turbo or not? if yes im trying to get from 300hp to 400hp do i need to do anything to the engine like lowering the pressure? please help me i have arround 7k dollars to spend. please help me out. :mrgreen: THANKS

Quoted post[/post]]
I have a honda del sol with a D16 v-tech and would like to swap a B18C5 but i would also like to put a turbo on it. Is a B18C5 good for turbo or not? if yes im trying to get from 300hp to 400hp do i need to do anything to the engine like lowering the pressure? please help me i have arround 7k dollars to spend. please help me out. :mrgreen: THANKS
There is a guy in the for sale section selling a built engine for $1295
Buy that and boost it.
Yes the b18c5 is not ideal for boost.
The b18c1 (cheaper) would be a better and smarter way to go...
With $7k to spend, do a K series swap :)
For a 400HP goal, K series will be the quickest way to get there.

well that's my goal Im trying to get around 300+hp but i need some help in deciding what swap to do and what i need in order to get that kind of power

Okay so you have a honda and want a bigger motor and want to boost it on top of that. The first thing I would personally tell you to think about is... are you going to drive this car EVERYWHERE?? Is this your only means of transportation other than your parents or someone other than yourself. If you have a beater or even a nice daily drive then DO IT. If not be very very carefull. I know alot of people with boosted daily drivers and have no problems, but on the other hand I know alot of people with boosted daily drivers that can't drive daily. I agree with vtecin5th, start with a k series swap. It's probably going to eat up all of your 7k after you buy it and get it here and pay to have it wired unless you really really know what you are doing. Although it will provide you with alot more power and be much more fun to drive, also you should be able to drive it how you want when you want without anything failing untill you can save more for a nice turbo setup. And remember vtec not v-tech :) honda doesn't make phones.

^ Clap Clap.

If you boost your D16, you will be happiest. Its your cheepest way to have a fun car :).

People will tell you to swap and build the crap out of ur car, but dont listen to em. . . . most have a 2nd driver.

most of them have blown up too.

save your money. :)

Well I do have another daily driver, but besides the k20, do you recommend another engine or another way to achieve my goal of 300+hp, oh and thanks, sorry about the v-tec thing my bad now I know that it's vtec.

another "i have $x.xxxx and don't know what to do with" post. first, if you are new to hondas, somebody should tell you that you don't want a 300+hp car. it's a waste. 200 is more than enough. second, putting that much money into a honda engine that isn't a racecar is a waste. but if you really want that much power. get an H22. and turbo it. then blow it up because it wasn't done right. or you could get a b18c and build it, then turbo it.

my first thought to you, go for a ride in a 300 hp honda. you won't want it because it is excessive. a turbo h22 is more than enough. but i would suggest just turboing the stock d series in there until you get enough experience with hondas.

prove us all wrong and build a k20 turbo. we will all love you and hump your leg.

Back