IM

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jamesA

Thank you for your business.
VIP
Who else makes intake manifolds besides skunk2?

Yes I searched around but haven't been able to find anything else.

Don't just go by brand searching. What exactly are you planning on doing with your b16? IM is something that you have to match to your goals

my injen CAI, crower stroker kit (despite Cal wanting me to buy a B18b block and build that), skunk2 stage 2 cams (found them cheaper than crower cams even), dc 4-1 header, some ebay cat, RS*R exmag 2.25" catback.

Just searching for a higher flow IM and then overbore my throttle body.

What compression? What are you going to rev to?

More than likely the AEBS/profesional products manifold will work fine for you. It's actually an IMPROVED version of the skunk2 mani. Even though it is not of as high of quality, it makes more power on semi-built motors than the skunk2 unit. And you can find them for 140 to 150 bux brand new.

If you are running 12:1 or higher or reving to 9.5k or higher then go with the JG Edelbrock. You will see huge gains in the top end. :thumbsup:

Thanks brian11to1 I think I now know which IM I am going with for my LS.
I was unaware the AN-R made an IM for my car. Brian if you don't mind me asking which IM did you go with for your LS? I am just trying to figure out which one to go with.

I went with a custom unit made by a guy named Richie (teg92 from G2IC). Its an LS ORiginal IM but hte 90 degree bends were cut out and the plenum welded to the Runners... pretty sick for $135 shipped from Canada.

S3010001.jpg

S3010001314.jpg

Originally posted by integraslut78@Dec 6 2004, 03:07 PM
[post=427142]Quoted post[/post]​

I can get you his EMAIL to see if he'd make you one.

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Dec 6 2004, 12:45 PM
What compression? What are you going to rev to?

More than likely the AEBS/profesional products manifold will work fine for you. It's actually an IMPROVED version of the skunk2 mani. Even though it is not of as high of quality, it makes more power on semi-built motors than the skunk2 unit. And you can find them for 140 to 150 bux brand new.

If you are running 12:1 or higher or reving to 9.5k or higher then go with the JG Edelbrock. You will see huge gains in the top end. :thumbsup:
[post=427055]Quoted post[/post]​

I think that the stroker kit bumps compression to 12.5, but I'm not sure it's been awhile since I looked at it, I want to keep redline the same, Just want to use the power band I already have.

and I found the AEBS IM for 169 thanks to Will.

I want something aftermarket. Same reason I decided against the jdm itr header.

Back