Immediate Help Please// D15B8 -> D15B2 Few quick ?'s

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

zexaccord

Ok, so I just bought a 93 hatch CX that from my understanding has a D15B8 in it 8 valve. The car has a bad head or head gasket and instead of fixing it, a guy down the street has a D15B2 he wants to sell me for cheap. I think the B2 is 16V but I have read contradicting things on different sites. Will this be a DIRECT bolt in? He says I need to take the intake manifold of of my B8 and put it on the B2. Also, the distributor on the B8 is new, can that go in the B8 as well? Thanks a lot guys, I really appreceiate the help. _Jack

I'm new to the civics..but plan on doing a super nice swap next year. I just finished up a 98 accord turbo..here are some pics.... http://photobucket.com/albums/a282/jackhunt321/?sc=1

palease guys i really need the help. will the 8 valve ECU run the 16 valve motor if i swap the intake mani from the 8 valve to the 16 valve?

I'd assume you're swapping in a B2 head, without the DPFI mani on it. You can use your B8 manifold, injectors, etc. As for the ECU - I'd swap to a p06. It's designed for running a 16 valve motor, without the close coupled cat, and fuel-sipping operation. Remember to change the timing belt out for a B7 belt, and you might as well change the tensioner and water pump while you're at it.

One thing I'm not sure on are the pistons - they may be dished, giving you a lower compression - I don't know.

Hell, I'd say just buy a P28, D16 head and do a mini-me swap, but whatev.

Back