Immobilizer on P2T (99-00 SI) ECU

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1carbon1

Im planning to do a B16A OBD2 swap on a 97 Civic EK hatch.
The donor engine is from a 99-00 Civic SI.
I've got everything but the ECU and harness.
I've heard that on the P2T ECU from the 99-00 SI has some kind of immobilizer device so that you cant start your car without the special key.
So my question is if I should buy the P2T ECU or not. If I do then... how about the immobilizer issue....how could I bypass that. Pleassssssssssseeeeeee Help.....

PS any advice would be greatly appreciated!

get an obd1 p28 ecu, or an obd1 p30. you will have to do a little wiring, but i think its your only option, don't buy that p2t. its not worth it.

don't buy the P2T.
the connector style changed - 96-98 use the OBD2A connector, 99+ use the OBD2B connector.

The plug and play ECU for your swap is a 96-97 Del sol vtec (B16)

I'd highly recommend a chipped P28 + OBD1/OBD2 conversion harness. You'll be a lot happier. OBD2 sucks for performance.

thanx for the tips yall....and how about the engine harness..?

Should I keep my stock 97 dx harness and use it with the B16A swap or

would I have to buy the 99-00 Civic SI harness.

This belongs in a Engine Management and Wiring FAQ.

ALWAYS USE THE STOCK HARNESS. Lengthen wires, change connectors and whatnot as needed. It might be handy to have the 99-00si harness for some of its connectors, but if you're willing to be creative and splice/sodler lots of wires you could probably make do w/o it.

peace
-Dave

you can use a p2p obd2a ecu from a 96+ civic ex. thats wat im running right now. trying to figure out what i want to go with. really considering going obd1

Back