import builders intakes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

nismogod

i'm doin this to see how many people would be intrested in buying an intake from jeff at import builders. i have been in contact with him and he asked me to see if anyone was intrested. group buy would be great, i think he wants to try and move atleast 20 of em.

per our conversation

"What I will do is sell a short ram kit, with the stack for $150
shipped. So they put the short ram on end of their current short ram
with stack for full effect. "

so please post here if you are intrested. or have questions

I am interested, but I still want to see what this intake looks like, and what it dynos at. Is better than AEM? What is the deal with it. Will it fit an EF with a B16?

It looks like a generic piece. But its more than that. I believe it's one piece. Not sure.

wtf happened to jeff anyway? i tried to go to his site and look up the intake mani but got a dead link. I also noticed he no longer is a sponsor.

Originally posted by CRVTEC@Dec 2 2004, 07:45 PM
:werd:

pics? dynos?
[post=425369]Quoted post[/post]​

Blue = with Jeff's short ram intake and velocity stack
Red = normal short ram with bigass K&N

dyno_jeff_intake_med.jpg

i am under the impression its damn near universal like most of the others on the market. its not a "sit in the airbox" intake, its a short ram. i thinks.

Originally posted by Blanco@Dec 3 2004, 01:40 AM
I still want to see what it looks like.
[post=425685]Quoted post[/post]​

Thats what im saying, usless with out pictures.

Originally posted by nismogod+Dec 2 2004, 10:45 PM-->
Cal, were you happy with the results?
[post=425529]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes. The only problem is that I don't have the cash for a 6 inch inlet K&N right now, so the intake isn't on my car.

Originally posted by CRVTEC@Dec 2 2004, 10:46 PM
really? damn...gimme summa dat shit!
does it fit an EF?
[post=425530]Quoted post[/post]​

Originally posted by nismogod@Dec 2 2004, 10:53 PM
i am under the impression its damn near universal like most of the others on the market. its not a "sit in the airbox" intake, its a short ram. i thinks.
[post=425532]Quoted post[/post]​

Originally posted by driver1@Dec 2 2004, 11:52 PM
id beinterested in one for a 94 honda accord ex.....
[post=425597]Quoted post[/post]​

The way he had it set up, it should be pretty damn easy to make one work for just about any car on the market.

Originally posted by Blanco@Dec 3 2004, 02:40 AM
I still want to see what it looks like.
[post=425685]Quoted post[/post]​

UDT
@Dec 3 2004, 07:00 AM
Thats what im saying, usless with out pictures.
[post=425699]Quoted post[/post]​

Jeff specifically asked me not to post pictures of the one he gave me anywhere online, so I'm not going to show it to anyone. If you want to see it, come to Houston. The one I have probably isn't what the final product will look like anyway.

Originally posted by Blanco@Dec 3 2004, 11:34 AM
Yeah, I remembered that and I wouldn't dream of asking you to break that agreement. I just want to see this phantom intake that provides huge gains and only cost $150. It's fairly ridiculous that there isn't a picture on the site yet. And just because I have to say it, I do realize that you have nothing to do with that.
[post=425810]Quoted post[/post]​

Nope, I don't have anything to do with Jeff's site at all. ;)

The intake is actually fairly simple. It's not revolutionary- there are other manufacturers that make something similar, just not too many for Hondas. Jeff's application will actually be adaptable to pretty much any car on the market without any issues at all- if he's sticking to the design that he gave me.

yea, i just talked to jeff again and he said that the dyno sheet Cal has, which he posted, was a demonstration. and that he perfers not to divulge pictures of the intake. i think this may be because then he can be undersold(is that the right word) by someone that copies it. i'm gonna buy one, and i'd sure like to get a count of how many other ppl would. so far i see

driver1, CRVTEC, and myself. i'm sure there are more people on here that have faith in jeff and calestra. the dyno to me justifies $150 bucks shipped.

per my convo with jeff

"I wont post any(pictures of the intake), Calesta & I did a before and after on(dyno sheet). I don't want everyone seeing it(intake)."

so that sorta explains as to why there aren't any pix floating around of it. just like Cal said

Yeah...

what do we do if we buy one, and then want pictures of our car? put black tape over the intake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back