Import Builders Turbo Manifold

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDMPlaya

Hey has anyone here running these on d/b series? I was looking into them and I like what I see, Just wondering if anyone had any experiances with this.

its a manifold I sell. Its inexpensive, makes alot of power, but its not super duper durable, you have to brace your downpipe to keept he weight off it. People that attach downpipes and the full weight of the downpipe on it, will crack it. Its inexpensive, makes alot of power, we use it.

thank you for asking.

Jeff

looks like the SS auto chrome design/generic obx/ you name it

I don't offer a warranty because I see a ton of people driving around with their entire downpipe weight+ turbo + wastegate on the manifold. Not many manifolds can handle that and even cast ones crack. You have to brace the downpipe behind the block, then it will run for years with no problems.

For the $250 shipped price I sell them at, you can't include a warranty, only guidance on how to make it last through proper installation.

Of course, you could pay 5 times that amount for one with a lifetime warranty, or 3 times, or etc. Your going to get what you pay for in SOME cases.

We run them, they are on a BUNCH of cars, no cracking because its braced, they make alot of power.

hard to beat for $250 bucks. But you have alot of choices out there. If you want to pay 3x more for one that will make the same power but be less likely to crack, you can do it. I sell stronger ones too, but they are like $400.

I will tell you straight up.. These are not the best manifolds with money being no object. These are the best VALUE out there hands down. they make the power of the high dollar manifolds for as little as 1/5 the price. thats the honest assesment.

Jeff

Can you tell me what makes your manifold different from ssautochrome, and obx. Is it just the braces?

Thanks so much for answering these questions

Do you have a picture of one of these installed, and where it's braced on the DP

like a Honda header that has a bracket from header to back of block. To brace the weight. Like that on downpipe.

The manifold business is so competitive. I think I would be better off saving money, and just selling OBX manifolds with braces on them. They are all so similar. I have had all 3 at one time. The OBX one looked and performed the best durability wise. I sprayed a few with a coating, and we welded a bracket on the wastegate arm, it solved the cracking problems. But then again, similar manifolds have run for 3+ years with no cracking.

Yur turbo kit is going to be what YOu make of it. I see victims in this industry, and I see winners. The winners brace their stuff, make sure its installed properly, and if they have a problem, they are actively trying to solve it themselves. The victims cry and shed tears over the smallest problem and can't do anything themselves. The victims expect every part they buy to last forever, with no problems for their entire life.

No matter what kind of manifold you sell, you will have victims, and winners. So I decided to sell the most inexpensive manifold I could find that is proven to make alot of horsepower and be enough quality to be ran reliably when installed correctly.

Jeff

No offense pissedoffdelsol.

Please don't be offended. Maybe it didn't come off right. I was trying to encourage people to work on their own cars more than blaming other people. Something like that.

I think its better to be pro-active, than re-active.

Again, no offense. I am outspoken, I try and be honest all the time, and I know when I speak I risk people not agreeing with me.

But, I feel my voice is important, like yours is, and the next persons.

Much respect,

Jeff

The reason why I asked if how they compared to the SSautochrome, is because I can pick up a Dp/Manifold combo for 225 or the just the manifold for 150. I just wanted to know what makes your prices $125 more.

What I'm trying to do is,the budget set up.

Am I better off with a Hf Manifold/Adapter plate or something like the SSautochrome?

Also anyone here know how much a DP would run? Just trying to estimate the last peices I need.

Originally posted by Import Builders@May 20 2004, 02:12 AM
No offense pissedoffsol.

OH none taken at all jeff....

I'm just the kind of guy who really isn't on a tight budget... and I'm a firm believer in do it right once the first time, or don't do it at all.
For others, who have more of a budget constraint, can't do what i did. I blew close to 20k on my setup.
some folks here will probably make 50hp less than my goal for 5k.

I'd rather buy a better built part that has a lifetime warranty than a cheaper part that may give me downtime... and more aggrivation than this project has already given me. :ph34r:

JDM playyyaaaa:

the SS-style is a GOOD flowing manifold. it just sucks that they tend to crack. its FAR superior to a hacked up hf mani.

a big thing to consider, is the type of waste gate you're going to run-- internal or external... cuz the hf won't supprt an external, unless you do even more fabrication to it that it requiers just to get a turbo on it in the first place.

I don't plan on running more than 7psi until I purchase hondata, so SS okay? it also comes witha DP for 225 that's why I was leaning towards this, you know?

I didnt wanna think about the HF but I just through It up there.

Back