Important Decision.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

age is the thing....my dad was 30 when he had me.....needless to say, he was always stuck at work, and we never really did anything father-son-ish...the only time I saw my dad was at work...he drug me to work since I was 5 years old in his Napa store with a machine shop in the back. I was always with my dad, but I was always the little employee.

Same deal. My dad was 23 though, started a company and had to work to make the bills for our properties. At age 6 I got wood splinters in my eye from going to work with papabear. Always been like that. I enjoyed it, but I wish in some cases he could have made it to more sporting events and not worked so many weekends.

He's well established now, so he doesn't work nearly as much, and he gets more afternoons off than ever, even though he's busier than ever.

Your career is established. At a point it'll slow down, and you'll have the financial means to raise your child without having as many wants as lets say you did as a kid.

im prob. late on this one.
but see from your situation... i think you should totally do it..but of course make sure that your wifes body can handel it. because looking at a child knowing thats a part of you and you made him/her is amazing.
i think it would be a great thing.
just watch for the health issues.

the OT for my job kicks ass. Just for this weekend, I work sat for time and a half, sunday for double time, and monday will be triple time with a $500 bonus for working all three days on top of the OT pay. And with the shift, being 3rd shift, I work 6.5 hours, and get paid for 8. sat 12, sun 16, mon 24, +$500... $1560 for 3 days +$500...$2060+ for 3 days... 19.5 hours and get paid nearly $105 an hour.......I can't complain.

The company is so behind, that it will be like this for a while....maybe 10-15 years...

Me having a kid, will be like Celerity actually driving one of his projects or B posting a nude picture of his girlfriend......something hondaswap has never seen. That day will be the day the internet dies.

the OT for my job kicks ass. Just for this weekend, I work sat for time and a half, sunday for double time, and monday will be triple time with a $500 bonus for working all three days on top of the OT pay. And with the shift, being 3rd shift, I work 6.5 hours, and get paid for 8. sat 12, sun 16, mon 24, +$500... $1560 for 3 days +$500...$2060+ for 3 days... 19.5 hours and get paid nearly $105 an hour.......I can't complain.

The company is so behind, that it will be like this for a while....maybe 10-15 years...
are you willing to give that up for a child?

I'm 3rd shift...

it would stay the same....

when I sleep, the kid would be in school, and when they are asleep, I would be at work.

I had a really good friend whose dad was 3rd shift. Great for the kid. His dad was our sports coach, and the child always had someone at home when he need it.

Although, it does put a large strain on the parents relationships.

questions

1)does your wife want a kid?

2)do you want a kid?

3)can your wife's body handle a kid?

If any of these answers are "no", you know what your options are from there. regardless if you are 14/24/34/44 years old, your options are still the same.

acception, adoption, abortion.

1)Kinda
2)Yes
3)Maybe
well, if it's only kinda, DO NOT TALK HER INTO IT....she will hate you every morning/day/night if she isn't 100% sure she wants it.

if it's a maybe on the health, just talk to several doctors. many brains are better than 1.

and 'school' doesn't happen for the first 5 years hommie

Me having a kid, will be like Celerity actually driving one of his projects or B posting a nude picture of his girlfriend......something hondaswap has never seen. That day will be the day the internet dies.

You're worse than me at this point, look in a mirror :)

As for age.... my mom had my brother at 35 and me at 40... and that was 30 years ago. If the OB says that her organs are good and she wants the baby, then it's definitely doable with today's medicine and technology even if complications do pop up.

Let her make the decision, then if she says to go for it, just make sure that she eats well, stays in shape and has a GOOD set of doctors to go to.

All the beer, burritos and cigarettes that you consume, you still think you're not shooting blanks ?

hehe. don't let age be the deciding factor. there are so many successful older parent stories. your wife looks to be damn healthy and a young 41, for sure. my brother is 21, was born to a 37 yr old mom and a 47 yr old dad. no major malfunctions, just came out a supreme smartass. the best thing a kid could ask for is two parents that really want to bring it into the world and love and educate it. if that's you two, consider it. if that's not you two, just enjoy other peoples' kids and keep your simple lifestyle :)

Back