Important info that I need to know about the B20B/Z

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

KRUSH GROOVE

Whassup ya'll, I had a B20B in my car for a while that I spun a bearing in so I just said expletive it and bought another one. This new one I have is a 2000 JDM B20B this the USDM B20Z Specs. PHK Maniflold, knock sensor, silver chamber on top of the manifold. My question is should I use that box on top of the manifold or not. If not I can just put the P75 LS style manifold from my old B20 on cause I know that heard that whenever you take off that box there are two holes on top of the manifold, so that would be the reason for putting on the old one.

Let me know the pros and cons about that silver box on the top of high compression B20s.

This is what is said about it
<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS"><span style="color:Blue">The idea is that the "resonator" chamber works like long runners and a larger plenum when the pressure waves travel back up the intake from the ports. Compared to the giraffe manifold (B20b) this gives good top end and good midrange grunt. This probably fills in the low-midrange hole we see on a B20 using an LS manifold (see dyno). There is probably a performance draw back to this system in the upper 6k+ rpm range, otherwise wouldn't see this box on the ITR manifold also?</span></span>

This is a pic of one with the box
b20z1.jpg

b20z2.jpg

This is it with out the box
b20zintake.jpg

ive never seen that before, but i think it looks "MAD JDM TIZIGHT YO" really, id probably keep it on there. it doesnt look like its hurting anything. If you dont like the effect it gives on engine performance or when you open the hood, then pull the one off your dead B20. If it were me, though....Id keep it.

Quoted post[/post]]
ive never seen that before, but i think it looks "MAD JDM TIZIGHT YO" really, id probably keep it on there. it doesnt look like its hurting anything. If you dont like the effect it gives on engine performance or when you open the hood, then pull the one off your dead B20. If it were me, though....Id keep it.
Thnks man, but the only reason I'm asking now is because it ain't too easy to change an intake manifold when the motor is already in the car.

tis true....id keep it. I dont think its hurting anything...my .02

Back