Importing from Japan

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eml1618

I couldn't find this on the search, but i'm positive it's come up before.

Why don't more people import cars from japan, is it too expensive or just legallity issues in driving it on the streets...or something else I don't even know about ;) ?

Thanks guys!

cars from japan are cheap , shipping is sort of expensive but legalization is very expensive, unless you know a couple ways around it

i will never import a car from japan because RHD is fucking gay (unless of course you happen to live in a RHD country or deliver mail)

i will never import a car from japan because RHD is fucking gay (unless of course you happen to live in a RHD country or deliver mail)

YEA RIGHT!!!!!!! i would LOVE to have a JDM car , a real JDM car :wub:
thats all well and good ... you have your oppinion i have mine
the fact that a car is "JDM" does not impress me at all
and i still stand by my previous statement, that "RHD is fucking gay (unless.... blah blah blah)"

and dont bother with the "oh yeah, well what about the skyline" shit
yes, the skyline is a badass car
sure, i wouldnt mind driving one
no, i wouldn never buy one
and even if i was given one, i would still sell it for something else that i would rather own/drive (porsche, lotus, BMW, etc)

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Apr 1 2004, 10:45 PM

have you ever drove a RHD car? Exspecially a 5 speed?

I drove them for quite a while...and I love the way they feel when shifting with the less dominate hand...

yeah see i'm thinking my dumb ass would be missing shifts all over the damn place with my left hand, my hand/eye/brain coordination sucks

id love to drive a RHD car.

i hate how everyone is so jdm this and jdm that. i need a jdm front. blah blah. someone today told me they want JDM seat harnesses. wtf dont the USDM ones have that the JDM ones do? fuckin super alloy plated brass buckles? geez.

i can understand if something is different, like a motor or even an aero part that is more appealing... but to get the same thing because its JDM is kinda stupid, and kinda expensive.

EDIT: my mirage was assembled in japan with all japan parts, then shipped to the states for sale. does that make it jdm? probably not. id love a cyborg R though. 1.6L dohc mivec baby. B)

Think about it with rhd, you would pwn at backing up. Back up to drive-through and atm. Parallel parking would be easy though!

(sense the sarcasm)

Originally posted by Airjockie+Apr 1 2004, 11:40 PM-->
@Apr 1 2004, 10:45 PM

have you ever drove a RHD car? Exspecially a 5 speed?

I drove them for quite a while...and I love the way they feel when shifting with the less dominate hand...

ok ill clarify that a little more

RHD in a LHD country is fucking gay

i figured that was implied by the... "(unless of course you happen to live in a RHD country or deliver mail)"... but i guess not

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Apr 2 2004, 01:55 AM
i hate how everyone is so jdm this and jdm that. i need a jdm front. blah blah. someone today told me they want JDM seat harnesses. wtf dont the USDM ones have that the JDM ones do? fuckin super alloy plated brass buckles? geez.

i can understand if something is different, like a motor or even an aero part that is more appealing... but to get the same thing because its JDM is kinda stupid, and kinda expensive.

:concur:

JDM because its more functional than the USDM part = :thumbsup:
JDM because itZ mAdD JDM y0!!!!!1!!!! = :slap:

[rant]

I'm getting sick of all this "JDM is teh uber l33t sweetness" crap.

It's a fucking CAR. It just happens to be a car in another country that is 99% the same as what we have here.

BIG WHUPPITY SHIT.

I'm getting the JDM front end for my car because it looks slightly cleaner, and the stock one is pretty much FUBAR, so I have some use for it. All these people putting JDM clusters in their shit, paying $400 for a redline 500 rpm higher. YOU ARE A FUCKING IDIOT. GET OVER YOURSELF AND QUIT BEING SUCH A LOSER ALREADY.

God dammit.

[/rant]

Okay, :eek:t: but entertaining no less :lol: , I never realized there was such a divided view on JDM, I was just curious cuz I'd never really heard of anyone doing it

Back