Improperly Runnin B16

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

frog37+

The b16 is in a 1995 civic sedan. The previous owner had cut some corners, and therefore the engine does not have a knock sensor, or an o2 sensor, and i dont belive the iacv is sealing properly against the intake manifold where it bolts to.First off, the engine does not want to stay running. When you take your foot off the pedal after starting it, it just dies.
Second, if you hold your foot on the gas to keep the rpm's up if its near 1500 it oscillates between 1300-1700. If you rev the engine it will not go past 3500, and again oscillates between the 3200 and 3700, but wont go past.
Am i safe in saying that the missing o2 sensor, and the iacv are causing this to happen or is it something else?
when i tested the compression on the engine it read 150-155-139-135 the first time and 155-165-149-150 the second time immediately after the first.
For a b16 that just doesnt seem like it should be normal. is this cause for major concern (like rebuild time?) or is this within acceptable range (i dont know the mileage on this engine)

yeah there are a few missing sensors. id check the CELs and get all those fixed. sometimes the missing o2 sensor will prevent you from revving past 3500

Back