Improving the front brake system in civic EX coupe 96 ??!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

loverboy

Hello guys !
I want to improve my braking system in my civic EX 96 D16Y8 engine - due to a planned B18C5 swap.
I thought about starting with the front discs and swap them to a wildwood brake kit.
Any one can tell me if my OEM discs is 240mm diam ?
What is your opinions about the kit Dynalite Big Brake Front Hat Kits (Dynalite Big Brake Front Hat Kits)?
Which minimum wheel diam do i need for this kit ?
Thanks !!

Just upgrade the pads.

Stock brakes should be 262mm rotors on that car.

A "hat" kit is just that center piece/hub. If you want Wilwood brakes look into Fastbrakes.com setups. The size wheel you need depends on what size rotors/calipers you get.

Just get some Hawk HPS brake pads and some brembo blanks. It'll make a huuuuuuuge difference. You'll need better tires though, otherwise you're just going to be locking up the front tires all the time.

in my mirage i upgraded from stock 256mm single pot to evo3 276mm dual pot up front, and from drum to gvr4 260mm single pot in the back. i also added the 3kgtvr4 MC. i can lock up all four tires now heh. brembo blank rotors and hawk HPS pads all the way around.

depends on what YOU are doing. if you arent autocrossing go as big as you can :thumbsup: but remember the bigger the brakes the bigger the wheels need to be. i cant fit anything smaller than 15" wheels up front, and i cannot fit 16" steelies. SS lines will do a world of good as well for a stock brake size.

im planning for a few hundred HP and AWD though, and my brake upgrade with 4x114 hubs cost me ~800 bucks.

Thanks Chaz but i already replaced a year ago to Hawk HPS.
Beside that i have a 16" wheels with realy good tires - goodyear eagle F1.
Steel i want to improve my brake system and the wilwood seems like a realy good kit.
So i need your opinipns on there kits Please !
(If anyone have an idea where can i buy a kit in Manhattan it will helpfull too)
Do anyone can confirm that in my car the size of the disc is 260mm and not 240mm?

Just get some Hawk HPS brake pads and some brembo blanks. It'll make a huuuuuuuge difference. You'll need better tires though, otherwise you're just going to be locking up the front tires all the time.

Back