Improving the suspension system civic EK 96 - Bilstein Or TEIN???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

loverboy

Hello guys !
I own a civic coupe 96 (1.6lit - EX), and i intend 2 buy a suspenssion kit for my car, I could use some help in choosing the right system.

Im looking for an improoved hendeling mainly on the street in winding roads, and once a while at the track. But at the same time i dont want to give up on ride comfort - im using the car for daily use !

My options are devided to Bilstein or TEIN :
1.Bilstein BTS-7502 (B12), the cost is 630$: information: Bilstein

2. TEIN BASIC, the cost is 850$: information: TEIN USA | PRODUCTS | TYPE BASIC DAMPER

3.TEIN SUPER STREET W/O P, cost is 1100$: information: TEIN USA | PRODUCTS | SUPER STREET

4. TEIN SUPER STREET With upper Pillow ball, cost is 1400$: information: TEIN USA | PRODUCTS | SUPER STREET with pillowball upper mont

5. TEIN FLEX DAMPER, cost is 1500$:
TEIN USA | PRODUCTS | TYPE FLEX

I would be happy to get an opinions and recomedetions from guys who has these systems on the car !

Which kit would u choose in consideration of cost and performance ??
Thanks .

You get what you pay for ;)

You'll probably suffice with the Tein Basic kit. Lots of adjustability for a street car.

You'll probably suffice with the Tein Basic kit. Lots of adjustability for a street car.

that's right, very true in most cases... i'd get the cheapest tein system thats compatible w/edfc, for coolness of course :cool:

Guys any more opinions ????
I considered the tein SS system, What do you think ?
What is the difference between the SS and the SS-P system ??
Thanks !

I'de say neither (from experience), go with koni yellows and whatever springs u like. if you want adjustable height get the ground controls.

tein ss-p comes with pillowball upper mounts which lets you adjust the camber.

Bilstiens kickass, people don't recommend them because they aren't popular in America, but high end Bilsteins kick Teins butt.

The BTS kit is very nice. I was thinking more of the models available when I lived in Germany, they had/have a fully adjustable, coilover system that was insane, but helluv expensive, very similar to the PSS9 system for the Porsche.

Back