in a pickle

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

punkyjewster41

Hello all, i didnt know where else to post this, so i hope the mods see it fit here.
Also, i didnt post this on probetalk.com because my password and username got screwed up last time i tryed to join and it wont let me re-subscribe with the same email address...on to the pickle that im in....

I have a 95 ford probe ( i love that piece of crap) and my cooling system went to crap so i took it upon myself to replace the hoses and thermostat. While taking the cover to the thermostat off, one of the rusty old bolts snapped in half. The cover still came off, but now half of the bolt is sticking out. I have all the parts to flush my radiator, replace the thermostat and gasket, and replace the hoses, but i dont want to put the cover back on with only one good bolt holding it on, im no awesome mechanic, but i dont think that would be a good idea. So, anyone have any advice as to how to get that pesky bolt out? any advice or feedback would be appreciative as i need to have the probe back on the road reeeeaaaally soon. Thanks guys...

is it partly sticking out?
get some penetrating oil on it and let ti sit for a while then use vise grips and turn it out. ir it broken off flush use penetrating oil then drill it and use amd easy out to remove it

yeah the thing that sucks is that its super hard to get to, like, i barely was able to unscrew it even with the socket extender...ill give those things a try though

Back