in car footage

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B16

Super Moderator
VIP
here is some in car footage from my driving at sears point on 10-25.
i was driving in hpde group 3, first day on that track. its nice to have video to give you feedback on your driving. the car is a 94 del sol vtec with aem intake and i threw my CTR cams in for the weekend from my other motor. suspension mods are tein ha's itr rear sway bar and i was riding on 205/50/15 azenis tires.
enjoy
ftp://ftp.westcoastbeauty.com/pub/mike/me...esess4short.wmv

Last edited by a moderator:
sweet video .... looks like a pretty fun track

Yup, looks like fun ;)

What kind of camera and camera mount are you using? Your video is really nice and smooth compared to a lot of the jumpy shit I see posted most of the time...

looks like fun.

sounds like he had it in fourth for a few seconds on some straights, id guess about 90mph......

thanks guys
What kind of camera and camera mount are you using? Your video is really nice and smooth compared to a lot of the jumpy shit I see posted most of the time...

its some sony digital 8 camcorder, nothing too fancy, but works pretty nice :)
the mount i used is a suction cup on windsheild thingie, then just kinda wedged the bottom into the dash
this one here
http://www.ioportracing.com/Merchant2/merc...ategory_Code=CM
sounds like he had it in fourth for a few seconds on some straights, id guess about 90mph......

yup, thats about right. never did look at my speedo though, too busy watching the road, hehe. but yes on some straights i'm in 4th gear. and in the esses.

god damn it! i cant see it, everytime i try to download it, it goes soooooo freaking slow and times out. im talking hella slow here, like 1-4 BYTES/sec! grrrr :angry:

can someone host it on hondaswap or another server or something? would much appreciate it :)

im not even on dial up, im on the schools network, T1 i assume. other shit downloads fine, but this wont work grrrr. can someone please host it on hondaswap or an http:// site. i think the ftp shit is fucking it all up for me :angry:

Nice vid. Your right, there are alot of walls there :eek: After your first reall lap (first time crossing start line going balls out) were you coasting up the hill?

Originally posted by asmallsol@Nov 3 2003, 03:23 PM
Nice vid. Your right, there are alot of walls there :eek: After your first reall lap (first time crossing start line going balls out) were you coasting up the hill?

no, the motor is just really quiet. only thing i have is aem intake and the CTR cams. when you hear the motor, that is WOT. you do have to slow down on the uphill at turn 2. i had spun out at the top of the hill on that right hand turn the session before, so i was being a little more cautious on it. :)

woo fucking woo, it finally works for me. ftp can kiss my ass :p nice vid mike, and thanks for the help getting it to me

Originally posted by SLA@Nov 3 2003, 05:38 PM
My shit wouldn't even download!

if the ftp doesn't work ,this worked for GSRCRXsi
go to http://63.146.79.125/gallery
in the listing, you'll see mesess4short.wmv, right click that and save as. make sureyou change saving file type from HTML, to ALL, and add .wmv at then end of the file name.

I saw it...smooth as silk...but no sound...arrgh..

Rule #1: When racing on a road courses, keep your tires on the asphalt...

Rule #2: Learn from your mistakes

great bit of driving. Seems like you obeyed Rule #2 since you didn't get any video of you breaking Rule #1. The same cannot be said for the white 'vette or the Legends car. A couple of nice clean passes. I liked it.

How hard is it to concentrate on your line with the 'vettes & ITB RX-7's running upon you like that?

Originally posted by ahedau@Nov 3 2003, 06:11 PM
I saw it...smooth as silk...but no sound...arrgh..

Rule #1: When racing on a road courses, keep your tires on the asphalt...

Rule #2: Learn from your mistakes

great bit of driving. Seems like you obeyed Rule #2 since you didn't get any video of you breaking Rule #1. The same cannot be said for the white 'vette or the Legends car. A couple of nice clean passes. I liked it.

How hard is it to concentrate on your line with the 'vettes & ITB RX-7's running upon you like that?

my buddy has the end of my spin out on turn 2 on another video, i may post it later, you dont' see much though. i just enetered the turn too hot, lifted when i was light, rear end rotated, lesson learned :)
ya, there was also a spec miata that crashed on turn 10 also (same as the legend) went backwards into the wall on the exit of the turn (this is where most cars crash on this track). i dont mind the other cars who move faster than me, i see them coming up, and i can predict where they are going to go. in some of the other videos i have, there was a full race porsche on the track, that guy was pretty scary how fast he would move, he would come out of nowhere, the car was just insane. i do need to work on my braking, i just don't have any confidence in this setup, i'm used to my 4 pot wilwoods with hawk black pads, that thing had soem wonderful braking torque. i just need to get used to these stock calipers and pads (using ferodo pads).

Back