in case you ever wondered.. Mustangs kinda do come in 4 door.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

:werd:

Stop making economical bullshit cars and start making tire melting, earth shaking, ballz out american muscle again.

you guys forgot the "ute" XR8

i.ford.falcon.xr8.04jan.myallriver.JPG

R-A-N-C-H-E-R-O y0!

:werd:

Stop making economical bullshit cars and start making tire melting, earth shaking, ballz out american muscle again.
:no:
they need to start making economical cars
but just because its economical doesnt mean its automaticly bullshit
a good handling spirited little car would do fine here
the focus over seas is a hell of a lot nicer then what we get here and i must say the
XR5 Focus (Australia) is damn cool (6 speed, turbo, 222hp)
the Fiesta is a cool little car... no it doesnt have ass wads of power but its small 2000lb car that handles well and is a fun car to drive
the Ka and Sport Ka... both cool little efficient cars with good handling the latter with a bit more of what spirtited drivers want
then there are the fords of the past that were cool as hell but we never saw here
the Puma was Top Gear's Car of the Year for 1996... it was a fun to drive good handling inexpensive hatch back (similar to the mazda MX3)

over here we get mundane, boring, gas sucking, shitty handling, bullshit
or mundane, boring, gas sucking, shitty handling, bullshit, with big HP numbers

i dont give a fuck about high HP numbers... i care about "fun to drive"

ill say it again
they are borrowing 18 BILLION dollars to restructure their line up in the US...
and what are they planning to do with it??? they are making "cross over" SUVs based off of the Five Hundred... now i dont know about you people and your areas but here in CT i can count on one hand the amount of Five Hundreds ive seen on the road since they came out in 2005... so that would tell me (at least here in CT) that the Five Hundred is a failure (as i said it might be different where you live and if it is please inform me)
so what in the fuck makes ford think that the answer to their problems is to take a failing platform and base more shit off of it???

hmmm the Five Hundred doesnt sell... lets make it bigger, less fun to drive, and less fuel efficient..... that will make it sell

when, ill say it again, all they need to do is take some of these cars they they sell over seas and test them over here... shit bring a few over and tour them through dealerships... see how the interest is... the infrastructure is already there the R&D is done... it would cost them practically nothing to bring these cars to the US
switch them to LHD, get the glass DOT approved and crash test a few... done.....
theres your restructuring...

i dunno maybe there is a lot more to it that i cant see or understand
but when the american car buyer is looking for fun to drive fuel efficient cars... and you make them for other markets... why wouldnt you simply start bringing them here ????
:shrug2:

Back