In Dash DVD

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Judo_boy_48

If I ground the e-brake wire, will I be able to watch dvd's while driving?

Or is there some other wire that I need to ground?

Since I no longer work in the Industry..

What Manufacturer makes the In-Dash..

3/4 of them you can just ground the E-Brake wire however put a switch on it incase you are ever pulled over by the fuzz you can switch it off and prove it doesn't work while driving.

But Alpine is another story. And now I know Pioneer put in a Motion Sensor on their new models so that if it senses movement it will not play Video. Which is uber gay but smart on the other hand.

But you did not hear this Info from me. :)

I got a CLARION VRX935VD. I know it is illegal I was just wondering if it was possible to do without touching the brain.

If not tough shit for me then.

try to see if it will work or ask noen mike he will know for sure

i grounded my ebake wire and I can watch dvds on mine, so what I was saying was ground the "ebrake" wire and see if it works.

yep just ground the ebrake wire it will work fine. also for anybody else who has an indash there is a way around all of them even the new pioneers. if you need help ask me in a pm i will tell ya how to do it.

So whats the deal with alpine?? I was thinking of getting one.. Are they harder to "fix"?

Alpine are different because they have two wires. There are things on Ebay called black boxes that work for them. Other than that you have to rig up something to make the Alpine works. Not difficult just a little more trouble.

Well I dont want to start a new thread so...I got another problem now.

The deck came with a seperate amp unit. It is about the same size as the deck.

I dont know where to mount this thing. The wires are not long enough to reach under the seats so that is out of the question.

I was thinking the glove box. BTW this is going in my Colorado not my CRX.

put it under the carpet on the passenger side by the firewall. thats where i put em all and i never have anyproblems with them.

Back