In Love

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

IDMaxGuy

Yesterday Im up at Extreme, and this guy pulls in with a 1994 Honda Accord EX 4 Dr, big deal right, its the same as my car basically. Well he gets to talking and turns out he just did a Swap with a JDM H22 :worthy: I was like, uhhhhhh as I start to sweat and ask him if I can see, up goes the hood, seeing the completley black JDM motor, which he had just finished cleaning. He asks if I want to go for a ride, were driving and hes talking about how VTEC in a DOHC is so much diff than a SOHC and then he punches it, i feel the slight jerk as VTEC engages and i look at his tach as he shifts at 8 grand, before i know it were doin 80mph. he did the whole swap for around $3500. Sorry guys i know this isnt a big deal or anything, its just he has the same damn car as me and did the same thing i want to do, its kind of like always wanting something then finally getting to experience it... anyways I know what im saving up for.

Originally posted by vtecsir1@May 17 2003, 07:44 PM
thats cool man, i remember my first ride in a dohc vtec.

lol i don't think i've ever taken a ride in a SOHC VTEC :lol:

It's really different. The cam change (in the Accord EX anyway) is at 2500 RPM so it is barely noticable. And the power drops after 5500 much like the LS. Ask dohcvtec_accord what he thought the first time he rode in his Accord after the transplant. :)

hehe i dont have to ask him now, i felt it, i was wowed by the difference of having two cams instead of one, i got back into my car and was sadly disapointed. the torque of that car is unbeilavle (compared to mine).

Back