IN NEED OF A D SERIES I CAN SWAP IN TO MY EJ8 WHILE BUILDING MY Y8

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ds4Lf_EJ8

So my y8 has officially reached the point that it needs rebuilt desperately and my daily driver is down for the count because of this.... So im looking to buy a motor to swap in until I can put the big bucks into my y8... basically im in Gainesville, GA and im just starting my new job as a Toyota service tech so im trying to just keep my car going a little longer so I can keep my job and finish the car soon... I am on a bit of a budget but as long as the motor is running well enough to put in with minimal repair im interested... it doesn't have to be a D16y8 even a d15 just something that I can plug in to a obd2 car... ill even take a obd1 motor but im not sure if the harness is the same so I may need the harness if so... ive messed with z6's and y8's but never tried to interchange them... Please help if able ill be needing to buy something on 5/19 when I get paid thankyou in advance

if your car is OBD2 I would stay away from the Z6.... why don't u just go pick up a d16y7 (non Vtec) sure they can be found for couple 100 bucks at a local scrap yard running, and the ecu for it is like $40 bucks... strait swap over if thats what your looking for

Back