in need of help / info

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lostviet

hi let me start off by saying thanks for taken time to help so THANKS

okie i got this 4 door 97 civic from this one guy for cheap .... the motor it had in it was a b18b1 with an bad block an head ...
so i took the motor out . an I'm going to put a d16y8 , here's where i need your help ..... the harness that come from the car is from the ls I'm guessing ... the ecu with the car is a p74 obd1 tegg ....... so do i need to get a 96-98 harness ? or what ? :confused::confused::confused: my lil bro haves a 99 civic hatch with an ls swap in it .... but an he's using a p75 with a cut up harness i don't feel like have the harness like that ?

thanks for your help ..

if your switching back to the original stock motor in the car the wiring harness might still be there. it might have been modified for the ls motor. the y8 or y7 came stock in your car. as far as the y8 goes your going to need a obd2a p2p ecu for the motor

if your switching back to the original stock motor in the car the wiring harness might still be there. it might have been modified for the ls motor. the y8 or y7 came stock in your car. as far as the y8 goes your going to need a obd2a p2p ecu for the motor
just got done looking at the harness an it looks like nothing has been cut up so i looked for the original one an there's none there just the green plug ....... so do i have to go get a other harness ? oh yes i am going back to the stock motor..^_^

i have a 95 ex and am putting a zc dohc in it an im having major problems getting it start can u help
start your own thread, it would be beneficial to everyone.

to the OP, if it were my project I would try to source another LS engine, you should already have the mounts, tranny and linkage, and you have an LS ECU

Last edited:
start your own thread, it would be beneficial to everyone.

to the OP, if it were my project I would try to source another LS engine, you should already have the mounts, tranny and linkage, and you have an LS ECU

This is true. It would probably save you some money instead of buying the Engine, Trans, Mounts, Linkage, Ecu, Wire Harness, Ect. If you can find one all you should need is the block and the head. The Trans, IM and Exhaust will just be transferred over.

turbo b20 what changes needed for ecu

I just went turbo on my B20 in a 1990 Integra do I need to change the ecu somebody said I need to run chrome? I'm new to the import scene

First start your own thread, second, yes you will need some sort of way to tune your setup, Crome is preferred because its free and a lot of shops use it.

No, just the stupidity around here lately. Who are all these people and where did they come from lol. Random posts, useless posts (I do it too, but come on)....that whole bit.

I have noticed quite a bit of new members lately, and like the two that got banned in the "how to paint a vc" thread.

Back