in need of some assistance..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MthaFuknGreen

Green on the scene.
my 1990 prelude 2.1si doesnt seem to want to shift correctly.
ive got an automatic transmission, and unless i let it sit off for a while, it wont shift past first more than once.

it will drive in reverse however.
this is how it works..
i turn on the car, drive a few blocks at most in first gear then the rpms will spike and it will refuse to accelerate.
if i punch the gas, it will do this immediately instead of the regular few blocks..
until recently, it wouldnt shift past 1st or 2nd whatsoever..
but lately its been shifting into 2nd and 3rd, but as soon as i slow down or stop it wont do it again.

i lost my chiltons, so my question is, how can i adjust the transmission to work properly again, because i really dont want to have to buy a new one or rebuild it..

I really dont think theres anything other than replacing the whole thing or have the old one overhauled. Sorry

Have you checked fluid levels? Maybe a clogged A/T filter.
Maintenance in general.

i just bought the car like a month ago.
the fluid was over filled on the transmission, im gonna flush it and get a new filter and what not as soon as i get the money.

oh, and i like the metaphor, g.

If you flushed out the old fluid and then re-filled the tranny and it still does this, then your tranny is toast and you need to get a JDM one.

www.tigerjapanese.com in Canada sells them.

well i found the right one for my car with only 66k on it for 300, if my trans is bad then im just gonna put that one in.

but first im gonna use this coupon i found to have the bands adjusted, u joints check, screen cleaned or filter replaced, pan gasket replaced and up to six qts of fluid replaced for 79.99.

Back