In Which Car A Type R

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cxb16

hi guys i have a question, what would be the best car to swap in a type R engine

92-95 civic hb
96-00 civic hb
96-00 civic coupe
90-93 integra hb (2dr)

92-95 hatch would be lightest (wiring wont be too bad)

96-00 would be easier

2nd gen teg would be a pain in the ass (tranny and wiring issues)

edit to my last post , the 88 CRX HF is the lightest thing and still be able to get the engine in there without major modification and/or fabrication. i know its not the lightest honda

5th gen VX or CX,but you could get away with the anemities of the Si with a good motor like that.

thank you guys for you help i'm asking you this cuz i'm going to get
a type R usdm engine, i know a place where i can get a very good deal for the whole change over. usdm cuz i live in south central LA.
the whole change over is like $1700 more than the gsr whch also is the whole change over SORRY I HAD TO CHANGE MY NAME TO B18C5FAN, MY OLD NAME WAS CXB16 it's cuz i have had alot of problems logging in, always said error had ocured. i hope i dont have any more problems logging in so i can see what you have to say :worthy:

thank you kylemarhx, yea i think that would be the best car cuz i would swap a b16 or a GSR on a crx but not a typeR, i know the crx is really light but i would feel kind stupid if i had an engine that was worth 10 times more than the car.i'm geting a typeR cuz it's the best price i have ever seen on a typeR engine

Back