incar footage from yesterday

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B16

Super Moderator
VIP
So, had another track event yesterday. It was pretty fun. People passing me in the straights makes me want to fix my 1.8 block. This B16 just aint cuttin it anymore. :p Funny, some guy in a VW R32 asked what I had done to the motor... its stock, he didn't belive me. lol. Anyways, I posted me spinning into turn 14, brakes faded and I couldn't slow anymore, so I tossed it to scrub speed. I didn't think I would come around like that, damn track was still too cold. The other vid is me and my buddy in his spec miata playing around. You'll see my buddy in his silver Evo blow by us in the straights. He wanted to hang back and follow me for a while, I guess he got tired of driving 1/2 throttle on the striaghts. LOL. Oh, also ran my front race pads down to the backing plate. Wonder why they didn't make any noise? :p Anyways, enjoy. Oh, my best time for the day was 2:14. Not too shabby, my buddies best in his spec miata for the day was a 2:19. My buddy in the Evo ran a 2:06. I need more HP. :)

me spinning 2min:
ftp://ftp.westcoastbeauty.com/pub/mike/mespinTHteam.wmv

me and spec miata playing 11min:
ftp://ftp.westcoastbeauty.com/pub/mike/meAndPatrickTEAM.wmv

edit:
Oh, Ian.. My $9.99 catchcan from EBay worked wonderful, no more smoke on turn2!!!! :) No more oil consumption either, the can did not fill even to the metering glass after 7 / 20 min sessions.

:\

They were encoded with Windows Media version 9 format. What error do you get?

hm.. maybe right click and download then play? :\ maybe upgrade your windows media player?

Nice dude. You should mount the camera to were we can see the dash though, I want to see your speed with all this lol. Thats cool though, I might have to get my suspension autocrossable after my turbo goes in lol. We have events at the local TireRack.com here.

Quoted post[/post]]
Yes they work great.

Do you have a good link for info on the events you do?
http://www.nasaproracing.com/
Is the best place to get started. Start with their group 1 HPDE and they put you with an instructor for the day. This is where I started. Another good place to learn car control/dynamics at lowerspeed is your local autocross. I never have done autocross though, so its not really quite necessary.

EDIT: It looks like you're in florida? Here is the website for that region: http://www.drivenasafl.com/

Quoted post[/post]]
Nice dude. You should mount the camera to were we can see the dash though, I want to see your speed with all this lol. Thats cool though, I might have to get my suspension autocrossable after my turbo goes in lol. We have events at the local TireRack.com here.
I would love to also, however, I have no where to mount the camera behind me. That will change this summer when the full cage gets welded in. You can kinda get an idea of my speed by listening to what gear I'm in. Most of the back half is 3rd, with getting up to 5th gear on 4 of the straights. Down the front straight I'm around 120mph. At turn 8 I turn in at about 105mph. Those are really the only times I ever look at the speedo. In the back straight I'm guessing I get up to about 115 since I have to shift to 5th real quick from redlining in 4th (I have a 4.78 Final Drive).

I appreciate the links! Yeah im in Orlando, Florida and have done gainesville raceways autox track which is like a mini track and I liked a lot better than the normal parking lot bs. This is what I want to do and my car is almost ready to be safe on a real track.

you're going to the track in december :cry:
you sir can go fuck yourself :cry:

good videos though :thumbsup:

Hahaha, thanks man. Welcome to California. :cool:

It was pretty cold that day though, 50's. brrrr

thats so rad! thumbs up on the b16 power. Makes me want to track my hatchy. Is that open racing or scca?

Quoted post[/post]]
thats so rad! thumbs up on the b16 power. Makes me want to track my hatchy. Is that open racing or scca?
Its just an open track event with a local miata club.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Hahaha, thanks man. Welcome to California. :cool:

It was pretty cold that day though, 50's. brrrr
50's? bitch it's 18 degrees here
:mrgreen:

Quoted post[/post]]
get pics of you old catchcan setup and your new setup, i need a good laugh :laugh:
Die.

Back