incar footage

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B16

Super Moderator
VIP
went to thunderhill this past weekend for another hpde event. had a great time, lots o subies out there that day along with one white evo that was fast as fuck on the track. got some incar footage, about 6 min long.
ftp://ftp.westcoastbeauty.com/pub/mike/shortSession3.wmv

also, here is a short clip of me spinning out after over taking an STI, woops! lesson of the day, don't turn in so damn late! :)
ftp://ftp.westcoastbeauty.com/pub/mike/meSpinSession2.wmv

enjoy :)

Heh shit was right! You still took the STI though..! could have braked a little bit more before entering the corner. Nice vids man.

i didn't really "take" the sti, he pointed me by.. .belive me, those things smoke me on the straights. didn't really need to slow down much, as much as turn in a little earlier :bash: oh well, we learn :)

FUCK YOU!

i still have a month and 15 days untill my first event of the year :(

glad to see someone else has an STi "kill" too :lol:

Wow... that's nuts. Cool footage, though. What kind of suspension setup do you have on the sol?

very cool footage. nice cam setup to very stable. do you have any kind of LSD on the sol?

Awesome racing! You owned everyone out there...NSX(i think)? 911? WRX? Is it your car or your skill? Good job man!

98integrals - this is the second event this year already, sucks for you!! :)

Calesta - wasn't that high speed, only like 80-90mph :) i was kinda sideways in the grass, but not for long, i straigned it out going backwards, i was afraid of digging a wheel and flipping the car. that would have sucked.

E_SolSi - ya, i love seeing the grass in the vid, some came into the car too, grrr.. everything was fine, the stuff was pretty soft so it wasn't very jarring to the suspension. that happend in the 1st lap of my 2nd session that day, i just needed a lap to get all the mud off the tires :)

dohch22a4 - i'm running tein HA coilovers and an ITR rear sway bar

UDT - that camera mount is actually just a suction cup mount on the windsheild.. i'm also impressed on how stable it is. no LSD, stock open diff. you can tell when i go over the rumble strip on turn 14 (right before the long straight away) the car looses traction for a second.

webink_EK9 - doubtful its the car, stock b16 with ctr cams and suspension... thats it... i think those guys were pretty new, although i do run in an intermediate group. the other subaru's out there that day were much faster than i.

once again you make me jealous... Only decent track near me is Road Atlanta. One day I'll get up there. Thanks for letting us live vicariously through your windshield!

The NSX driver was either really new or scared of marring the paint on his pricey sportster or both...He was slow as %$#%...

As for your spin... this is my wallpaper this week...
s40451d26a13dc.jpg

yours wasn't so bad once it stopped!

Originally posted by B16@Mar 2 2004, 11:25 AM
98integrals - this is the second event this year already, sucks for you!! :)

yeah, well i still have snow here :(.

plus the hatchback project= NO money for tracking right now.

ahedau - I hear Road Atlanta is an awesome track, our group instructor was talking about it. he said its a pretty long track with a pretty long straight. said when he was doing formula racing, that straight was so long he would start going through is pi display on the steering wheel, lol. you should come up here and check out the tracks, we have a lot of popular ones, very fun to drive. hell, i invite anyone to get involved. i guarantee anyone will be hooked first time they do it. that nsx driver was moving pretty slow. he was running tein ra suspension and didn't figure out until the very end of the day that he had his passenger side front strut set all the way soft, while the others were set pretty stiff.. lol.. but i'm sure he didn't want to wreck his car, he pointed me by right away. and hey, that spin was fun! but, i don't want to do that again, lol.

arpee79 - thanks man, 150,000 miles on her! :)

98integrals - will be the same case for me when i gather the money for a hatch... maybe this is the reason why i don't have money for a hatch :lol:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 2 2004, 10:42 PM
west coast beauty??!?!?!? what did you do, open a hair salon for yourself???

dude, its where i have worked for like the past 6 years doing programming/network admin for them. lol, all my movies are hosted from my ftp there :)

Road Atlanta is a great track. its 2.5 miles long and that straight has to be 3/4 of a mile or a little more. That straight is right after the slowest part of the track and ends in a fast chicane (sp?) and then another long straight with a hellacious drop off and off-camber right.

I was at the Atlanta Historics last year and have some good pix but they're too big to post & I'm too stupid to know how to fix 'em.

Thanks for the invite....ya never know

Back