Indiana, Here I Come!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i spent a week in indianapolis recently; not a bad town. indiana has some decent microbrews too. chock full of panhandlers, though. dunno wtf was up with that. hard times, i guess. i see them everywhere, just surprised me with the density of them there.

:shrug2:

anyway, 'grats on the jorb. no panhandling for you! :D

It's kinda funny honestly, there are a lot of them around here who have jobs and just do that as kind of a tax free 'side job'. A friend of a friend of mine said he'd make more in two days panhandling on the side of the highway at exit ramps than he did for a week at his day job.

Also, Indy is a ton of fun. I love just driving around there, it's so much nicer than it is in Ft Wayne.

^Lol thanks

Here yet?

Where in Indiana are you moving to? My company has a branch in Vincennes...

I wish we had a good Honda dealership here in Hattiesburg. Ours SUCKS. They sell a pretty good bit of cars, but their service dept. is worthless. If it's anything aftermarket- you can forget it. They won't even think about it, even if it's just an oil change. Their techs know just enough to get by on the brand new vehicles. In the tuner sense of the word Honda, it's kinda embarrassing, because there is so much to learn and know about Hondas, and they just flat out refuse.

Here yet?
Not yet. I will be heading out there November 6th. My oldest daughter's 3rd birthday was on the 22nd and since Halloween is right around the corner they said not to rush so I can spend these times with my family.

Where in Indiana are you moving to? My company has a branch in Vincennes...

I wish we had a good Honda dealership here in Hattiesburg. Ours SUCKS. They sell a pretty good bit of cars, but their service dept. is worthless. If it's anything aftermarket- you can forget it. They won't even think about it, even if it's just an oil change. Their techs know just enough to get by on the brand new vehicles. In the tuner sense of the word Honda, it's kinda embarrassing, because there is so much to learn and know about Hondas, and they just flat out refuse.
I'm moving to Newburgh but I will be working in Evansville @ D-Patrick Mercedes-Benz.

D-Patrick also has Honda so if you're close enough, it may be worth the trip. D-Patrick takes their time finding the "right" techs. And i'm not just saying that because they hired me. They flew me out there, put me in a hotel, took me to dinner, and took me to lunch before I came back to Cali. They did all that just to interview me. Just so they can see if i'm the right guy for the job. Hell, they didn't even hire me at first. They hired the guy from my class who I was competing with for the job. Then they decided that they could use another tech so they gave me a call about 2 weeks later.

A dealership that does all that with the possibility of still not hiring you, says a lot about them.

Not yet. I will be heading out there November 6th. My oldest daughter's 3rd birthday was on the 22nd and since Halloween is right around the corner they said not to rush so I can spend these times with my family.

I'm moving to Newburgh but I will be working in Evansville @ D-Patrick Mercedes-Benz.

D-Patrick also has Honda so if you're close enough, it may be worth the trip. D-Patrick takes their time finding the "right" techs. And i'm not just saying that because they hired me. They flew me out there, put me in a hotel, took me to dinner, and took me to lunch before I came back to Cali. They did all that just to interview me. Just so they can see if i'm the right guy for the job. Hell, they didn't even hire me at first. They hired the guy from my class who I was competing with for the job. Then they decided that they could use another tech so they gave me a call about 2 weeks later.

A dealership that does all that with the possibility of still not hiring you, says a lot about them.

Cool- if I have to take a trip to vincennes for anything I will remember that.

oh, and buy some coats. youll need em by november.
I'm all set :) I live in the desert of So Cal, it gets pretty damn cold here in the winter lol. Coldest it's been in my area is 3 degrees though. How much colder does it get in Indiana?

Cool- if I have to take a trip to vincennes for anything I will remember that.
I'm gonna go see how close Vincennes because I have no idea where the fuck that is lol.

down at evansville, dunno. last year we had constant single digits.

single digits??? whoo no thanks. Today it's 50, and the wind is blowing pretty good, and I'm freezing. Granted- the humidity here makes the air feel colder, I still don't think I could handle single digits. But I really, trully, HATE the summers here. 100 degrees, heat index of 118, and 100% humidity... BLAH
It gets so stuffy and hot here when you walk outside you can't breathe. :sweat:

Back